Embedding RSS feeds into MediaWiki pages?

Michael Koch

Dec 2, 2009, 4:10:50 PM12/2/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

In collaboration with Factor e and Marcin, I am trying to find possible ways of embedding an external RSS feed into a MediaWiki page.

Specifically, we'd like to take the news updates from the CEB Press page on Open Pario, and have them show up on the CEB status page on the OpenFarmTech wiki. The goal being to better integrate the 2 sites.

Is anyone familiar with how to do this or have any recommendations on plugins?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Lonny

Dec 2, 2009, 4:35:55 PM12/2/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com

Appropedia uses mediawiki widgets to accomplish this.  See http:www.appropedia.org/Widgets:Feed for more info.  Let me know if you have questions or if the link doesn't work.

-Lonny

--
All posts to this list are licensed under CC-BY-SA and GFDL (take your pick if you reuse the content).

Groups "Tech for sustainability wikis" group.
To manage your subsciption, visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tech-for-sustainability-wikis?hl=en

Michael Koch

Dec 2, 2009, 4:50:02 PM12/2/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, its set up now. There was one step that Appropedia hadnt done, but it should work now (just need to past some code into the page you sent me).

Thanks!
Mike
--
Michael Koch
Graduate Research Assistant

Operations Manager
OSU Energy Efficiency Center

Cell: 417.483.4244
Office: 541.737.2674
Fax: 541.737.5035

Lonny

Dec 2, 2009, 5:17:19 PM12/2/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

My bad.  It is at www.appropedia.org/Widget:Feed. (singular - Widget)

I was on my phone when I wrote that last email.

-Lonny
http://www.appropedia.org/
http://www.ijsle.org/

Lonny

Dec 2, 2009, 5:38:19 PM12/2/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
You can see all of Appropedia's current widgets at http://www.appropedia.org/Appropedia:Widgets.  I deleted the one you added at Widgets (due to my erroneous link).

Thanks,

James Flint

Dec 4, 2009, 2:50:57 PM12/4/09
to tech-for-susta...@googlegroups.com
i did this on wikiclimate pretty successfully, although having said that there did seem to be some weird MySQL problem with it today. check it out:

http://www.wikiclimate.net/wiki/WikiClimate:Climate_News_Feed

the scripts + install instructions can be found at:

http://www.rssfeedconverter.com/  (I think this is the site i used...)

jim

2009/12/2 Michael Koch <michael.d...@gmail.com>

--
All posts to this list are licensed under CC-BY-SA and GFDL (take your pick if you reuse the content).

Groups "Tech for sustainability wikis" group.
To manage your subsciption, visit
http://groups.google.com/group/tech-for-sustainability-wikis?hl=en

--
James Flint