please test the forums

Chris Watkins

Sep 25, 2010, 5:29:39 PM9/25/10
to Appropedia community, Tech for Sustainability Wikis
We've installed forums on our Dev site: http://blogs.whatissustainability.org/ - please sign up and test them (but remember, the content will eventually be lost, so keep copies of anything you value.

I've been in a few conversations about forums, whether they will support the wiki. My strong feeling is that they will:
  • They provide a place for people to connect with the community. Esp people who are uncomfortable with wikis
  • Our terms and conditions can specify that content can be reused on the wiki.
  • While there are lots of forums out there, others don't have the content focus that ours will. People can post there if they're more comfortable in that setting, with human feedback.
  • This can be a place for people to post when they're working on certain content areas and looking for knowledge to fill in the gaps - by posting bits from Appropedia and asking for feedback, or asking specific questions. People will reply to these requests who wouldn't post to a wiki.
But I could be wrong. My suggestion: let's call it an experiment and give it our best shot, because it just might be awesome. So please register at http://blogs.whatissustainability.org/ and give feedback on what we need to do to improve it before we go live.

Thanks!

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia