Python + Google Application Engine: Is there a To Do list? Existing code to read and comprehend?

lessig....@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2015, 4:13:08 PM8/22/15
to teamlessigtech
Is there an Issues list with bugs & features?

Is there a code base I can start reading & comprehending now in order to prep myself for taking on Issues?

Is there a Best Practices guide for team development with Google Application Engine? This StackOverflow question is from 2010.

Nathan Kane

Aug 22, 2015, 4:35:28 PM8/22/15
to teamlessigtech
Looks like the Github account is here: https://github.com/Lessig2016

It'd be great to have a specific tech call or a wiki page to go over the architecture, define a collaboration process, and potentially the roadmap. I'm guessing we're doing issue tracking in Github?

Aaron Lifshin

Aug 22, 2015, 4:44:11 PM8/22/15
to Nathan Kane, teamlessigtech
Hey guys,

Aaron Lifshin here.

I'm COO of the campaign.

Welcome to the group.

We have an Asana where we track a lot of the day to day issues.  However, for the Open Source piece I think it makes sense to track issues in Git Hub.  The Asana tasks are often very urgent like day-to-day, hour-by-hour things.

We can filter out more long-term things such as infrastructure improvements to GitHub.  I believe I put one such example tasks against the pledge_service repo.

Does sound good as a starting approach?  I'm open to suggestions on process and trying and iterating to find whatever works best.  Also open to giving Asana access to people who want it.

All of this has been stood up very quickly, so apologies for the messy

And thank you in advance for all your help on this important issue!

Nathan Kane

Aug 22, 2015, 4:51:36 PM8/22/15
to teamlessigtech
Github sounds good to me, we'll figure out process improvements as we go along. Perhaps we can document this process (a 'How to Contribute' section on the README ?), and update as needed.

By the way, I'm a front-end developer, so I'm open to being assigned front-end (HTML/CSS/Javascript) tasks. I'm not sure where front-end work is needed most right now, but I'd love to help.

fu...@lessigforpresident.com

Sep 11, 2015, 11:48:09 AM9/11/15
to teamlessigtech
Thanks for your suggestions, Nathan. We are currently creating a repository that will contain a wiki and other relevant documents for contributing to the campaign's technical efforts. In the meanwhile, if you'd like to get started contributing, please fill out our brief Tech Skills Assessment <http://goo.gl/forms/1rwP1lOjbU>. It will help us get to know you and how to reach you so that we can put you to work on our most urgent needs.

furf
Tech Volunteer Coordinator, Lessig 2016