Proposal to create a volunteer portal service

christopher

Sep 29, 2015, 4:47:33 PM9/29/15
to teamlessigtech

VOLUNTEER PORTAL - SHORT PROPOSAL

I propose the creation of a volunteer portal that will make it easy to dispatch tasks to qualified and interested volunteers and provide an interface for communication among spacial/topically related volunteers.

Volunteers receive information when they want to, about the topics they are skilled in and when they are available to perform the work. Volunteers, as well as the campaign, will receive useful feedback on their performance, such as the amount of money raised or the number of new volunteers signed up. Each volunteer will see the cumulative effect of their efforts and be provided a streamlined path to participation.

     [from the EXTENDED PROPOSAL]

REQUIREMENTS:

2 additional interested programmers/designers who want to begin this project. It will be coded as a client-side web application in Ember.js, CSS, HTML. Its back-end will emit JSON API (Python, Ruby, Javascript, or another language). Some visual and written assets will be required.

MORE INFORMATION

To read about the concept in more detail, please read the DETAILED PROPOSAL FOR VOLUNTEER PORTAL:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_yCzybCz4NP4t17qfSZQ2aQREhHCpsrcaN7zYsb4uEg/

christopher budnick

anjuli willmer

Sep 29, 2015, 5:15:44 PM9/29/15
to teamlessigtech
+1 good proposal. a unified, responsive volunteer portal is severely needed. i think we'd see a good response to something that allows people to jump in and immediately take action (or *learn* how to take action) and plan events. tracking the phone calls that are made and areas that are canvassed would be beneficial for individual volunteers and the campaign as a whole to see the effect of volunteer efforts.

i happen to know a bit of Ember.js and would be happy to help develop this.

Dave Furfero

Oct 1, 2015, 4:08:43 PM10/1/15
to teamlessigtech
+1 :)

We are internally discussing the use of Crescendo for disseminating activist tasks to volunteers. This is part of a mobile initiative, however a desktop component for registering may be of use as well. I will keep you informed as we push forward.