REQUEST: tech involvement to allow volunteer phone calls until 9pm/time zone by time zone

ricardo ivanicci

Sep 8, 2015, 11:48:53 PM9/8/15
to teamlessigtech
currently the labor day telethon volunteer phone call mechanism is continuing to be OPEN ...It is available from 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (join? commit?) ...  Is there anyone on teamlessigtech who can interface with whoever is piecing this mechanism together to code a way to separate and differentiate the donors area codes so calls can be made to west coast donors until 9:00pm PST (as are being done to those in the EST zone)  ...  maybe we need a googler to get onboard?   someone who can help code ...  pass this along to the appropriate (?) person/link, please    and thank you.
ivanicci

Scott Shawcroft

Sep 9, 2015, 2:53:04 AM9/9/15
to ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Who is piecing it together? I'm an Ex-googler.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM ricardo ivanicci <whrln...@gmail.com> wrote:
currently the labor day telethon volunteer phone call mechanism is continuing to be OPEN ...It is available from 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (join? commit?) ...  Is there anyone on teamlessigtech who can interface with whoever is piecing this mechanism together to code a way to separate and differentiate the donors area codes so calls can be made to west coast donors until 9:00pm PST (as are being done to those in the EST zone)  ...  maybe we need a googler to get onboard?   someone who can help code ...  pass this along to the appropriate (?) person/link, please    and thank you.
ivanicci

Barry Rafkind

Sep 9, 2015, 3:08:15 AM9/9/15
to ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Hi Ricardo, I think Aaron Lifshin can fix this by flipping a switch like he did before. Hopefully, there's an automated way to ensure it works every day.

I wonder how many volunteers actually know that calls are still desired since I don't recall seeing any announcement about it after we hit our goal.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 11:48 PM, ricardo ivanicci <whrln...@gmail.com> wrote:
currently the labor day telethon volunteer phone call mechanism is continuing to be OPEN ...It is available from 9:00am to 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time (join? commit?) ...  Is there anyone on teamlessigtech who can interface with whoever is piecing this mechanism together to code a way to separate and differentiate the donors area codes so calls can be made to west coast donors until 9:00pm PST (as are being done to those in the EST zone)  ...  maybe we need a googler to get onboard?   someone who can help code ...  pass this along to the appropriate (?) person/link, please    and thank you.
ivanicci

Aaron Lifshin

Sep 9, 2015, 7:45:41 AM9/9/15
to Barry Rafkind, ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
I don't think we were doing calls any more.

Yeah, the way this works is a redirect has to be done to a "Pacific Call Tool", but because we stopped the fundraising calls I think Chris did not flip the redirect.

Barry Rafkind

Sep 9, 2015, 9:00:02 AM9/9/15
to Aaron Lifshin, ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Hi Aaron, given that the call script mentions the "stretch goal of 1.1 million" (still unmet) and the "Golden Ticket" drawing now advertised on lessigforpresident.com, it seems that at least whomever last edited the call script thought we were still doing calls. Can you please confirm?

ricardo ivanicci

Sep 9, 2015, 12:56:59 PM9/9/15
to teamlessigtech

Response to Aaron, Barry, Scott:
  Good morning gentlemen,
   I personally am inspired by Lessig's heroic position and most willing to participate.  I launched my interest listening to Vince (Chicago?) youtube on how to make volunteer calls and pressed forward into uncharted territory for me.  I am taking a position here that we NEED to continue to keep a volunteer call network OPEN daily ...  WHY? It has been my experience over the some 400 (attempts!) calls i made that there are many citizens out there who are (totally!) thrilled and excited to have been reached out toward and 'connected' by a volunteer voice.  This creates a 'resonance', or generates one.  I can feel it, palpate this ground swell, and nurture it ALONE ... or we (i?) can create (solicit) a group of volunteers who continue to let those out there who are supporting Lessig know that 'we' are behind them, supporting them and additionally inspiring them to carry this message forward.  [i did write a little note of interest with many many of the calls i made, donors, volunteers to CALL, social media posts ... there are a lot of folks out there who want to be encouraged to carry this message and understand that "they" will make the difference.  Let's keep talking to them.
NOTE:  i spoke with a woman in Ann Arbor (UM), a graduate student who is teaching undergraduates TODAY a course on 'politics' ~~ and she said she would introduce her class to Lessig.  That was a 'win' for me, us, Lessig!  its like 'mining' on the phone, and we're going to need miners
ivanicci

Barry Rafkind

Sep 9, 2015, 1:32:16 PM9/9/15
to ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Love your enthusiasm, Ricardo! Person-to-person contact is definitely important in growing our campaign.

Aaron Lifshin

Sep 9, 2015, 8:04:11 PM9/9/15
to Barry Rafkind, ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
There are some divisions in the team and I'm not clear that Lessig wants us to keep hitting people up for money.

Have you been making calls still?  How are you finding the reception?

ricardo ivanicci

Sep 9, 2015, 9:52:17 PM9/9/15
to teamlessigtech
Aaron, Barry    [full disclosure]
  I went to the call site this morning and found i was unable to connect to phone calls (as if the site was not working/shut down).  I found, for the most part that i was unwilling to "ask" people to donate ~~ pardon my 'personalization' of the script ... I felt it was more important to contact these donors and let them know (our) appreciation for their (recent past) donation ... to ask 'how ya doing' where possible, to make a conversational connection (many times the caller jumped in immediately with 'thank you for calling', some hung up, many were busy);  but the 'gold' was in the 'connection' to those who are (basically 'primed' and readily?) inspired.  Those folks listened to my 'make it up in the moment' streaming conscious attempt to inspire them to further support >> primarily, by passing the word (premise being that less than 9,000 americans had donated, that we need to interest 3.2 million folks to (truly) have 1% of the population ... that that would require a 'geometric' progression ... i.e.a  grass roots, crowd-sourcing mechanism) ... i told of my experience (at times... ) of being a viet nam vet ~~ that I would award a bronze star to Larry Lessig for his valor in (combat) taking this message forward for the benefit of all americans ... (I am inspired, and its easier to sell when you are ...)

  Yet the greatest feed back i stated above (earlier).  There are people of all ages out there who are inspired!! and say so, and are willing to (suggestion) to participate ''more".    I was able to get positive interaction with maybe 3 dozen folks, who donated then!, posted again to Facebook, or tweeted, or and this was most important to me
... that they carry this precious message forward to all who do not want to hear ... to all who will not talk about politics ... to all who are inflexible, and 'decided'

   so, i think i made some progress for the cause of democracy ... (maybe)

I don't particularly need or want to stump folks for dollars ... i most often say, no, i'm not collecting:  "the money will come from where it is now", that is not as important as you carrying this message to those who are reluctant to hear

further:  I spoke to most (greatest number) of folks on eastern seaboard, from Maryland to Maine (Boston, Brooklyn, NYC greatest hits)
but those who were inspired were incredibly grateful and said so !!

May we create (by rule?) a volunteer calling source that does not ask for money but simply wants to get this 'geometric' progression moving?
I'm all in
the "reception" is wonderful (at times, hit and miss at others...)
ivanicci

Vince Wallace

Sep 9, 2015, 9:59:11 PM9/9/15
to ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Hey Rich,

Forgive the rest of the team if they're a bit slow responding.  A lot of them are in transit.

Have you reached out to other people you know about volunteering in WA/CA? (which one are you in now? )  And did you see the New Hampshire announcement?

Vince

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:52:17 -0700
From: whrln...@gmail.com
To: teamles...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: {TL Tech} REQUEST: tech involvement to allow volunteer phone calls until 9pm/time zone by time zone

Barry Rafkind

Sep 9, 2015, 10:42:29 PM9/9/15
to Aaron Lifshin, ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Hi Aaron, I haven't been calling since we hit the $1m goal, but I think Ricardo was or tried to.
By the way, I'd be surprised if Lessig would be involved in tactical decisions like this since I'd think he'd be more focused at the strategic level.

Vince Wallace

Sep 9, 2015, 10:55:01 PM9/9/15
to Barry Rafkind, Aaron Lifshin, ricardo ivanicci, teamlessigtech
Seems to me since we've made our initial fundraising goal we should ask active volunteers like Ricardo to switch up and  help build the state teams now.

Vince

Sep 9, 2015, 11:08:19 PM9/9/15
to teamlessigtech
 what are presiding opinions on putting together a "THINK TANK"