Fighting Fire with Safety

Ramesh Menon

Dec 20, 2010, 12:53:25 AM12/20/10
to ramesh

Dear Friends,

This is an excellent initiative started by UAE authorities.

UAE rolls out world’s massive home safety drive, starting yesterday.

The first of its kind worldwide drive comes in line with the directives of His Highness  Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed, the President of the State, and under the direct follow-up of his H.H Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime and Minister of Interior.

The campaign aims at spreading the preventive behavior amongst all members of the family through regular visits that carried out by Civil Defence teams to different houses, deliver its awareness message, and distribute campaign guidelines and publications to the family members.

The links below will give more information on the same. I have also added an attachment from the print edition of GULF NEWS, which I hope will be useful for all.

 http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/emergencies/civil-defence-gears-up-to-improve-domestic-fire-safety-across-uae-1.732647

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2010/December/theuae_December512.xml&section=theuae&col=

Sincere regards,

Ramesh Menon