Where are you all?

rgrozdanic

Aug 24, 2023, 6:09:24 AM8/24/23
to teachandlearnonline
Hi TALO long time no speak.

I'm interested in where people are at. It'd be good to catch up.

I'm wanting to retrain as an instructional designer - if anyone knows of any organisations in Australia (especially NSW) where I can do an internship or work part time I'd be super interested. I have the soft and conceptual skills eg learning design etc - I mainly need experience in Articulate and other content creation tools as well as reexposure to learning management systems - it's been a while. I'm hoping someone out there can help me make this happen!

The other thing I'm wondering about is what are you all doing/thinking/predicting about AI? This is literally the first time since the late 1990s that I feel excitement about something being genuinely new and promising. It feels like those days, doesn't it?

I hope we don't stuff it up this time. The internet is nowhere where I thought it would go 25 years on. What will happen this time?  How are you all preparing? What do you wish to share? Is this something we should explore together?

Anyhoo - hope all are well and looking forward to hearing from those of you who are still engaged in these topics. Best wishes,

Rose

Alexander Hayes

Aug 24, 2023, 8:29:49 PM8/24/23
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rose,

Great to hear from you.

Go the solopreneur route.

Here's where I am heading - https://acad.men

Kind regards,

Dr. Alexander Hayes
BA (Education), BA (Art), BFA (Hons), PhD (Computing & Information Technology)

Research, Information Systems & Data Management Consultant

_______

I acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, who are the traditional custodians and foundation for this Country, upon which I live and meet. This requires me and all peoples to maintain, to protect and uphold with respect, the enduring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture which underpins all aspects of our lives in Australia.
________

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent, Alexander Hayes accepts no liability for any losses arising from opening it upon its receipt.

TALO Links

Kim Flintoff -= iiNet

Aug 25, 2023, 2:53:25 AM8/25/23
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I was made redundant from Curtin University when COVID hit – I jumped back into the K-12 sector and have established a bespoke program called TIDES (Technology Innovation Design Enterprise Sustainability) at a low-fee paying Anglican school in Perth’s southern suburbs.

Currently have 19 separate classes and see 420+ students every week.

Have had a bit of recognition for my work since landing back in the classroom.

Looking to head back into higher ed though.

Kim Flintoff  (he/him)

BA, Grad Dip Ed, MEd, MACEL
LEARNING AREA COORDINATOR – TIDES

ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9047-9657

(Technology – Innovation – Design – Enterprise – Sustainability)

It’s really hard to teach kids critical thinking skills when your toolkit is questions that all have right answers, curricula full of facts and straightforward procedures, and textbooks that leave kids floating on an uneasy sea of factoids, memorisation, and perfectly neat examples tied up with a bow.” Dr Linda McIver (ADSEI)

WE CAN’T VALUE ONLY WHAT IS EASY TO MEASURE; MEASURABLE OUTCOMES MAY BE THE LEAST IMPORTANT RESULTS OF LEARNING.” Alfie Kohn

Community Lead | Learning Futures Network

Co-Founder/Co-Director | STEM4Innovation

Lifelong Change Leader / Founding Member | ShapingEDU

Guest Editor | Current Issues In Education (Mary Lou Fulton School of Ed, ASU)

Advisory and Editorial Boards | CoSN Driving K-12 Innovation
Judge | Game Changer Awards WA
Judge (Secondary) |
WA Governor’s School STEM Awards
hundrED Ambassador | hundred.org
Climate Leader | Climate Reality Leadership Corps (2014 induction)
Activator | Future Anything

Outstanding Allyship Nominee 2021 | Women in Technology WA
National Excellence in Teaching Award Nominee 2021 |
NEITA Foundation
WENHUI Award Honourable Commendation 2020 Educational Innovation|
UNESCO Bangkok/UNESCO Beijing
Finalist, World Teacher Day Awards 2021 |
United Nations Association of Australia (WA)
Secondary School Teacher of the Year (Excellence Awardee) 2022 | Australian Education Awards 2022
Entrepreneurial Educator of the Year 2022 | Teens in Business Awards
Australia’s Most Influential Educators 2022 |
Most Influential Educators 2022

image001.png
image002.png
image003.jpg
image004.png
image005.png

Kerry J

Aug 28, 2023, 2:04:29 AM8/28/23
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rose

I've been a Learning Designer at UniSA for more than nine years. My latest work has been putting together workshops and resources on Artificial Intelligence and I was recently involved in a scoping review research project on what online course quality looks like across the HE sector in the US, UK, New Zealand and Australia. I also design courses across a wide range of disciplines as well as for HR purposes (bullying, sexual harassment, etc.) for staff and students.

Happy to chat. My email is kerry....@unisa.edu.au

Cheers,

Kerry

TALO Links

KerryJ
m 0400593885

Nancy White

Aug 28, 2023, 10:34:28 AM8/28/23
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
Waving from Washington State in the US where I have been rewiring (vs retiring). I only work about 20-30% for pay, the rest is focused on family (still primary adult for our two grandpeople age 10 and 13), in the season - my garden, cultivating local community, pro bono work (a lot of informal peer to peer process coaching, Liberating Structures), participating in 2-3 CoPs, eating chocolate and trying to move more (yes, I'm learning pickleball - no judgement, ok? )

Nancy