Google Plus Exporter

1 view

Alexander Hayes

Mar 28, 2019, 9:46:26 PM3/28/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
So far...so good.

Before they go and 'delete' your entire G+ contributions for their own profile analysis you have a chance using a Tor agent to gather your prose via https://gplus-exporter.friendsplus.me

Google__Exporter.jpg

Vance Stevens

Mar 29, 2019, 9:12:43 AM3/29/19
to Teach and Learn Online
Hi Alex,

Always good to hear from you guys. I've got my ear to all your conversations, used to enjoy tuning in to your podcasts. There's often a down-under aspect that throws me off slightly, and I'm not sure I would relate correctly to the context, so I don't often weigh in, but always a gas to read the tangents you travel down.

I've been meaning to write you though on exactly this issue. I've been a heavy user of Google+ Communities, as have you, I'm quite pissed at Google for pulling the rug on yet another worthwhile effort, but the response is not to bemoan it but to get Google Exporter. The free version allows you up to 800 posts per community. I've bought the license key so I can harvest my communities with more posts than that. My PLN buddies and I are experimenting with what to do with the Blogger, JSON, and WP4 and 5 files you can download per community.

It's a pretty simple process so I've been grabbing whatever interests me and sticking the results in zip files up on my Google Drive. I've got a zip of the 4 files you need tor your TALO community and I've shared it at this link, so you can have them if you want. Here they are

I don't know how many posts TALO had but the files in that location should be the lot, whatever was there.

If there are any other communities of yours that you'd like me to grab, I'd be happy to do it. It would save you buying a license (in case there are more than 800 posts), and I can put your files on Google Drive, and you can get them and convert them to Blogger, Wordpress, or whatever else you can do with a JSON file.

It would be worthwhile to share notes on what we collectively come up with. Here's one we've backed up for EVO Minecraft MOOC just as an example, though I think we can do better, https://evomcarchive.blogspot.com/

Let me know if I can assist with harvesting files for your communities (by just naming the communities you want the files for, assuming I'm a member of that community; e.g. glass, drones, veillance, etc.).

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM Alexander Hayes <al...@alexanderhayes.com> wrote:
So far...so good.

Before they go and 'delete' your entire G+ contributions for their own profile analysis you have a chance using a Tor agent to gather your prose via https://gplus-exporter.friendsplus.me

TALO Links

Alexander Hayes

Mar 29, 2019, 9:51:31 AM3/29/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com
I’ve setup a Blogger and I am impprting the XML which nearly (mostly) imports posts and auto tags everything neatly by community etc.

When finished I’ll show you the result.

Yes, Google filed because like Wave it was a solution looking for a product...which was supposed to be US!

...but we didnt buy it. We simply liked our way through the blue wall of dearh.

If you add me in Signal I will tell you all about it -

I’m in Medium too - writing away as usual -

So many things we have to lead by and none more so than example. The medium is the message afterall ☀️

--
Kind regards,

Alexander Hayes

PhD candidate
University of Wollongong, Australia
Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland

Twitter - @alexanderhayes
Website - http://www.alexanderhayes.com

Partner - Ngikalikarra Media
Member - UNAA (WA Division), UNAA Academic Network
Member - Australian Privacy Foundation

Jacinta Gascoigne

Mar 29, 2019, 12:06:13 PM3/29/19
to teachandl...@googlegroups.com