removal of references to Open Annotations model in the DwC RDF Guide

Steve Baskauf

Nov 15, 2013, 9:36:52 AM11/15/13
to TDWG-RDF TG
At and after the TDWG meeting, Paul Morris and Bob Morris (who have been
working with the Open Annotations model W3C group) expressed some
concerns about the use of OA terms to express dwc:ResourceRelationship
relationships as RDF (as suggested in the DwC RDF Guide). Accordingly,
I have removed the reference to use of OA from the guide document and
left the matter of an RDF expression of ResourceRelationship terms as a
future task. Since I have done this after the TG recommended the guide,
I wanted to give TG members an opportunity to object to, or discuss the
change. If you have any concerns about this change, please reply to
this message onlist.

Steve

--
Steven J. Baskauf, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer
Vanderbilt University Dept. of Biological Sciences

postal mail address:
PMB 351634
Nashville, TN 37235-1634, U.S.A.

delivery address:
2125 Stevenson Center
1161 21st Ave., S.
Nashville, TN 37235

office: 2128 Stevenson Center
phone: (615) 343-4582, fax: (615) 322-4942
If you fax, please phone or email so that I will know to look for it.
http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu

John Wieczorek

Nov 15, 2013, 12:32:19 PM11/15/13
to tdwg...@googlegroups.com
As I've already expressed to Steve elsewhere, I support this change.

Bob Morris

Nov 15, 2013, 1:39:43 PM11/15/13
to tdwg...@googlegroups.com
Ditto
--
Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390

Filtered Push Project
Harvard University Herbaria
Harvard University

email: morri...@gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://wiki.filteredpush.org
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
===
The content of this communication is made entirely on my
own behalf and in no way should be deemed to express
official positions of The University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Harvard University.