Names, types, taxa, concepts

Nico Franz

Jul 8, 2015, 10:18:52 AM7/8/15
to tdwg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

   We have a draft version of a manuscript "taxonomy - for computers" up at http://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2015/07/08/022145. It deals with the issue of taxonomic names needing to variously refer to types, taxa, and taxonomic names, at any particular time and over time periods where name/taxonomic concept relationships may change. And how humans and computational logic bring different strengths and needs to the task. It's an exploration, but I believe provides some perspective, hopefully of value. Comments are appreciated.

Best, Nico