Questions: Egroups and Events You Go To?

1 view

Al

Mar 12, 2007, 9:32:59 PM3/12/07
to td-dt-discuss
Fellow Software Folks,

I have a couple of questions.

1. What egroups do you subscribe to regularly?

2. What events (conferences, workshops, etc) do you go to or recommend
(besides ATWA and TDDT)?

3. What blogs do you read regularly?

4. What podcasts do you listen to regularly?

5. How do you learn/connect/etc... with others?

Thanks,
Al Snow
ATWA/TDDT 2007

Jeffrey Fredrick

Mar 12, 2007, 10:53:56 PM3/12/07
to td-dt-...@googlegroups.com
> 1. What egroups do you subscribe to regularly?

TDD
agile-testing
XP
plus a few that are far less trafficked.
(and I'm not counting the cruisecontrol mailing lists which is the one
that gets the most time.)

> 2. What events (conferences, workshops, etc) do you go to or recommend
> (besides ATWA and TDDT)?

CITCON (Of course I might not be completely impartial.)

I've also had good experiences at a bunch of other conferences
(EclipseCon, Better Software, SDBP) but these were all hallway
conversations, not the formal agenda. Here's an example from last
week at EclipseCon:

http://tinyurl.com/2gpsf2

> 3. What blogs do you read regularly?

Here's what's in my RSS list:

feed://feeds.feedburner.com/YoudThinkWithAllMy
feed://alistair.cockburn.us/index.php?title=Special:Newpages&feed=rss
feed://www.exubero.com/blog/atom.xml
feed://www.jaredrichardson.net/blog/index.rss
feed://radio.javaranch.com/lasse/rss.xml
feed://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john/rss.xml
feed://www.randsinrepose.com/index.xml
feed://me.andering.com/feed/
feed://googletesting.blogspot.com/atom.xml
feed://nitsan.org/~maratb/feed/
feed://www.pragmaticautomation.com/cgi-bin/pragauto.cgi/index.rss
feed://www.testobsessed.com/feed/
feed://feeds.feedburner.com/BinstockOnSoftware

Slightly biased on these:
feed://www.developertesting.com/index.xml
feed://www.artima.com/weblogs/feeds/bloggers/agitator.rss

and these I've organized in the same folder but no feed:

http://forum.agilesoftwaredevelopment.org/
http://www.taberconsulting.com/download/archives.htm
http://www.jrandolph.com/blog/

> 4. What podcasts do you listen to regularly?

None, as my cars lack a satisfactory iPod interface.

> 5. How do you learn/connect/etc... with others?

Blogs and mailing lists, and these in turn often cite books and
articles that are worth reading. Also they lead to virtual
acquaintances that, when you finally meet in person, can lead to
interesting conversations.

Jtf

--
http://www.developertesting.com/