AFTER?

Sergio

Mar 24, 2007, 7:24:58 PM3/24/07
to td-dt-discuss
Hello TD/DT community. Those of you that did attend the summit will
recognize this message as already being posted over there but those of
you that haven't I would like your help as well as you obviously have
a passion for testing.

I am writing this post today because I have just finished uploading
the first release of my new Open Source project called AFTER,
Automated Functional Test Engine in Ruby. I know, real original. :) I
was hoping that if any of you have the time I would love to hear what
you think? Here is the url to the sourceforge project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/after/.

The idea behind it is that all it does is facilitate automated
functional UI testing. It is pluggable so that you can run your UI
tests against any type of application as long as you have the
component libraries needed to communicate with the application. So for
example in the installer I have included two very simple component
libraries. One for Internet Explorer browser applications using WATIR
and the other for Windows EXE applications using AutoIt.

Unfortunately I did not include any documentation with this release
because I just don't have enough put together in a form that is
understandable to all. But, if you look at the example scripts and
then dig around in the component libraries I think you will easily get
the idea of where we are going with it.

Let me just say thanks to everyone in advance if you do get a chance
to download it.

Thanks