CAST 2007 - "Testing Techniques, Innovations and Applications"

SBarber

Apr 27, 2007, 10:37:02 AM4/27/07
to td-dt-discuss
I attend a lot of conferences. I enjoy different conferences for
different reasons. That said, there is only one conference that I
automatically budget my own money and my own time to attend every
time....

CAST - the annual Conference of the Association for Software Testing

If you haven't already registered I recommend you do it soon - seats
are going fast, and there are only a limited number available. If you
really care about good testing, teaching testing, advancing testing,
conferring with thought leaders, sharing ideas and getting your
questions answered, CAST is the place to be. Every talk includes
*more* time for questions and answers than for the presentation,
dramatically increasing your ability to learn the details you need to
apply or internalize new ideas.

http://www.associationforsoftwaretesting.org/conference/index.html

This year CAST will be 3 days of interactive learning and discussion
on the theme of "Testing Techniques: Innovations & Applications, in
the Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, Washington, USA.

Day One (July 9, 2007): Keynotes, Session Tracks, Exhibits
Day Two (July 10, 2007): Keynotes, Session Tracks, Exhibits
Day Three (July 11, 2007): Tutorials

Mission:

The primary mission of CAST 2007 is to help build an active community
of software testing scholars, practitioners and learners, and
influence the software testing practice through discussions among
members of this community.

Conference:

Bellevue is one of the Northwest's most vibrant economic and business
centers, offering a relaxed and accessible setting with big-city
amenities and spectacular natural beauty. The downtown area features
an upscale mix of shops at Bellevue Square and Lincoln Square, popular
dining and nightlife destinations plus welcoming hotels--all within
easy walking distance of Meydenbauer Center.

The Meydenbauer Center is at:
11100 NE 6th Street, Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone: 425-637-1020

See www.meydenbauer.com, for more info.

About AST:

The Association for Software Testing is a nonprofit professional
organization dedicated to advancing the understanding and practice of
software testing. The AST serves a community of scholars, students,
and software development practitioners by providing forums for
discussion of all aspects of software testing through conferences,
publications, web sites, and other services.

Objectives of AST:

* Encourage, facilitate, and coordinate partnerships between testing
practitioners and testing researchers.
* Publish the web-based AST Journal containing leading-edge articles
on testing practice and theory.
* Host an annual AST Conference to bring together developers, testers,
and researchers in an exchange of testing practices, theories, and
techniques.
* Support the teaching of software testing by encouraging projects to
develop and publish resources that assist classroom presentation,
grading, and self-study.

--
Scott Barber
President & Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus, Inc.

"If you can see it in your mind...
you will find it in your life."