Tk-Acceptance URL

David Martinez

Mar 15, 2007, 7:09:46 PM3/15/07
to td-dt-discuss
Have been busy with Real Life (tm) but I thought I'd send a URL to the
Tk-Acceptance project.

http://acceptance.sourceforge.net/

Also my very ugly notes used during the presentation

Fitnesse
Fit is a test running framework is primarily driven by text data
and tables
Fitnesse is a wiki over fit, providing you executable tests that
can be edited and re-ran on the fly
Business guys writing acceptance tests
Business guys LOVE spreadsheets, so fit is very table driven
Selenium
Driving the UI
AJAX Functional Testing
Tests look horrible :-)
I joined these together using integration code modeled after .net
integration by Jeremy Miller, Codebetter.com
Selenium IDE
Recording user interaction for the web
Playing back tests
"Record/play test tools considered harmful" yada yada
It's only considered harmful if it's allowed to stay and
fester :-)
Integration Piece - IDE side
I am working on integration code to help business guys also record
the Selenium IDE tests.
It has a UI so it lives as a firefox extension
Why?
Helps you with developing a testing DSL that makes sense to the
business
This DSL can then then be applied to the different layers
(Service, WebService, etc)
Helps you regress existing systems
Firefox extension refactorer (future) will help you refactor the
tests based on intent

As I mentioned before, the server side works fine, the Firefox
extension does record although it's in pretty early stages. I find it
useful, and as I'm adding more and more tests to my work projects I
will have more and more need for improving it.

Thanks!