Many problems

Anthony Takata

Dec 13, 2014, 3:05:45 AM12/13/14
to tcos-u...@googlegroups.com
Apparently the English forum is dead, so I post here to the Spanish forum.

I cannot configure this system to work. I try to set defaults to everything, but I cannot get clients to connect to the server machine. Only I see is a black screen.

This linux server uses LightDM instead of gdm, and I cannot install gdm because it breaks many other packages.
I have inserted [XDMCPServer] enabled=true  into the configuration file, but it seems to have no effect.

The server IP configuration seems broken by the tcos package, it now gets static IP 10.0.2.15 instead of 192.168.1.200 by primary router, how to repair?

Any help is appreciated.

Anthony Takata

Dec 13, 2014, 10:22:25 PM12/13/14
to tcos-u...@googlegroups.com
I suppose this is an example of me being ignorant. Since the server was running in a Virtual Machine, the network adapter was set as type NAT.
In addition, the dnsmasq settings were not obviously mentioned in the configuration documentation:

#TCOS settings
#option 29 x-display-manager
dhcp-option-force=49,192.168.1.2
#option 48 font-servers
dhcp-option-force=48,192.168.1.2
#option 16 swap-server
dhcp-option-force=16,192.168.1.2

Where the server is 192.168.1.2

After I replaced /etc/network/interfaces with a default copy everything started working!