Re: TCoffee Newsgroup: dialign-t??! PLEASE HELP

Cedric Notredame

Jan 8, 2024, 3:37:46 AMJan 8
to tco...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joel

The simplest thing would be to rename your executable dialign-tx into  dialign-t, it is a bit of a hack but it should do the trick.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Cedric

###################################
Dr Cedric Notredame
Group Leader
Notredame's lab - Comparative Bioinformatics Group
Bioinformatics and Genomics Programme
Room 440.03

Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG)
Dr. Aiguader, 88
08003 Barcelona
Spain

Ph#     + 34 93 316 02 71
Fax#    + 34 93 316 00 99
Mobile# + 34 66 250 47 82

email   cedric.n...@crg.eu
url     www.tcoffee.org
blog    cedricnotredame.blogspot.com
ORC-ID: 0000-0003-1461-0988
###################################

On 8 Jan 2024, at 09:34, Joel Laia <juliojlh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to run T-Coffee with no success.

T-Coffee requires dialign-t. However, this dependence is not installed and I cannot find it on the internet.

I have  dialign-tx installed and not dialign-t.

However, it still appears an error saying that dialign-t is required and not installed. dialign-tx does not do it.

Can you please help me?

I send attached to this e-mail some prints

Best regards,
Joel
<3.jpg>
<2.jpg>
<1.jpg>
. However, it still appears an error saying that dialign-t is required and not installed. dialign-tx does not do it.

Can you please help me?

I send attached to this e-mail some prints

Best regards,
Joel
<5.jpg>
<5.jpg>

<3.jpg>
<2.jpg>
<5.jpg>
<1.jpg>
<5.jpg>

Joel Laia

Jan 8, 2024, 4:37:45 AMJan 8
to Tcoffee
Thank you, Cedric,

It might have worked for dialign-t. But now it's the same problem for pcma.

Do you know which dependence is the newest name for pcma so I can change the name please?

Than you,
Joel

1.jpg

Cedric Notredame

Jan 8, 2024, 5:16:23 AMJan 8
to tco...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joel,

Somehow the dependencies seem to broken. We will look into this. In the meantime, you can use mcoffee as follows:

t_coffee <seq> -method clustalo_msa probcons_msa

To see a list of the supported aligners, simply type t_coffee. I would not recopmmand any more the proiginal mcoffee aligners. They are nearly 20 years old now!

Cheers,
Cedric

Joel Laia

Jan 8, 2024, 5:24:19 AMJan 8
to Tcoffee
Thank you!

Jose Espinosa-Carrasco

Jan 8, 2024, 7:38:19 AMJan 8
to tco...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joel,

The binaries are available, I tried with a fresh install and it worked both on my mac and in my linux machine. So I guess that either the installation was done at a moment when the binaries were not available or there was a connection problem during it.

Cheers,

Cedric Notredame

Jan 8, 2024, 8:19:46 AMJan 8
to tco...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot Jose,

One quick question Joel: where did you download your installer from?

We recommend downloading the Beta from here: https://tcoffee.org/Projects/tcoffee/index.html#DOWNLOAD

Cheers,
Cedric