Problems with expresso

Amanda Kristine Votvik

Jan 4, 2022, 4:23:21 AM1/4/22
to tco...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I need to use the Expresso server to structurally align 150 protein sequences, but every time it gives me the same error message (see screenshot).

I've tried everything I can think of:
  • Removing the "bad" sequence --> gives the same error message for a new sequence, and so on...
  • Changing the header to only contain sequence identifier (>B5ESR7)
  • Using different programs to convert my sequences to fasta format (they're already in fasta, but just to be sure)
  • Using UniProt to retrieve the sequences in a fasta format
  • Uploading a file and copy paste the sequences
  • Changing the settings
  • Running tests with other and fewer sequences
Every time it gives the same error!

Is there somthing else I can try or is it something wrong with the server itself?

Mvh/Best regards,

Amanda Kristine Votvik

PhD Student

Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science (KBM)

Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)

Forhåndsvisning av bilde

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 10.05.06.png

Cedric Notredame

Jan 4, 2022, 4:28:44 AM1/4/22
to tco...@googlegroups.com
Hello Amanda

We had some recent changes in our IT infrastructure and it seems to have affected the server

Cheers

Cedric

###################################
Dr Cedric Notredame
Group Leader
Notredame's lab - Comparative Bioinformatics Group
Bioinformatics and Genomics Programme
Room 440.03

Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG)
Dr. Aiguader, 88
08003 Barcelona
Spain

Ph#     + 34 93 316 02 71
Fax#    + 34 93 316 00 99
Mobile# + 34 66 250 47 82

email   cedric.n...@crg.eu
url     www.tcoffee.org
blog    cedricnotredame.blogspot.com
ORC-ID: 0000-0003-1461-0988
<Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 10.05.06.png>

Jose Espinosa-Carrasco

Jan 5, 2022, 8:46:41 AM1/5/22
to amanda.kris...@nmbu.no, tco...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

Many thanks for reporting. We fixed the issue and the Expresso mode should be working again on the server.

Let us know please if you find any other issues.

Best wishes,

Missatge de Amanda Kristine Votvik <amanda.kris...@nmbu.no> del dia dt., 4 de gen. 2022 a les 10:23: