Fwd: WAZER Pricing

Sebastian Wiers

Sep 12, 2016, 9:26:37 AM9/12/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

The timing is very short, but this seems like an amazing (maybe to good to believe) offering.

Sep 12, 2016, 11:22:40 AM9/12/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

It's cool, the compromise they make is speed, way slower than a commercial water jet. My question would be TCO, I've seen water jet demos where the calculated cost of the garnet exceeds the parts value. I didn't see an area to ask questions. Also the first cheapest tier already sold out.

Pete

Kelly Murphy

Sep 12, 2016, 3:39:32 PM9/12/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Their estimated cost of garnet is $0.60-1.10/lb, and the run rate is .33lb/min.  If you're cutting a part that takes 90 mins, you could estimate that to be about 30lbs of garnet and $18.00-$33.00 for that part to cut.

Sebastian Wiers

Sep 12, 2016, 6:05:23 PM9/12/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
That's a really interesting point.  I didn't realize the per-cut cost on such machines was so high.

- Seb