2020 Preliminary Sailing Calendar

1 view

Mike Rohrer

Jan 8, 2020, 12:19:41 AM1/8/20
to Division-6, Austin Cats, tc...@googlegroups.com
Sailors,

Welcome to the 2020 sailing season.  I have attached the preliminary calendar.  I hope all events will be firmed up at end of the month.  However, we already have a bunch that are firm.  Therefore, you can begin to make plans to attend.

I am still looking for someone who would like to learn the ropes and become the 2020 Commodore.  Until then I will serve, but this will be my final year.  I think it's important to bring in new blood and spread the knowledge and load around.

Thanks,
Mike Rohrer
2020 Sailing Calendar.xls

Mike Rohrer

Jan 15, 2020, 12:15:10 PM1/15/20
to Division-6, Austin Cats, tc...@googlegroups.com
Sailors,

As you have the sailing calendar, I would encourage folks wanting to make the Hill Country Regatta to make reservations for a Cabin or a Tent spot.  Please note that prices have increased.  This park is in high demand and is simply the best place for us to hold a regatta on Lake Buchanan.  For those wanting to keep costs down, you can share tent sites.  The rules state you can have 8 people per site and only two cars.  But cars can be parked in overflow.  The sites are generally underutilized.  And each year we encourage folks without reservation to reach out via email to sailing community to share a site as there is normally plenty of space.  Llano County park has free camping next door, but this has no amenities or access to Black Rock without entry fee and driving around.  So really there is not an excuse to miss the regatta due to arrangements.

Hill Country 2020 is April 25-26 per the calendar.  This date is firm and NOR is forthcoming.  Here is the site for reservations.  Cabins go quickly....do not delay.

This year we have the Great Hall reserved as regatta head quarters for registration, meetings, and dinner on Saturday.  We work with the park management to remove the cables so we can park trailers and launch.  Also last couple of years we have gotten permission to have boats near our cabins.  So this has really made it a nice experience.  The water access is great and we have great venue right on the water.  I hope everyone will plan to come as this is one of the premier events for catamaran sailing.

Thanks,
Mike Rohrer