Fwd: Hobie Cat - 47th Mid-America's Area Championship - September 5-7

Roger

Aug 4, 2020, 9:43:35 AM8/4/20
to tc...@googlegroups.com, austi...@googlegroups.com, Division-6

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <hobief...@ntin.net>
Date: Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 7:39 AM
Subject: Hobie Cat - 47th Mid-America's Area Championship - September 5-7
To: Sheila holmes <sheila...@ntin.net>
Cc: Sheila Holmes <she...@mariner-sails.com>

Invitation to all Hobie Cat Sailors:

The 2020 Mid-Americas Area Championship is on!   Make your plans now to get out and sail with us.  https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/20378

Unlike previous Mid-Americas Area Championships, and with an abundance of caution, Hobie Fleet 23 / DCYC will not host onshore social activities, post-race gatherings, or dinners.  Mid-Americas will be a no-frills regatta – the focus on sailing!

So, bring your own food, water, beverages and plan accordingly.  Camping is permitted on the club grounds except where taped off near the pool.  Showers & toilets are available at the clubhouse.  The spectator deck will be available, though the clubhouse will be closed.  There will be plenty of racing and LOTS OF FUN WITH FRIENDS!  Free camping onsite, upstairs deck for spectator viewing, and covered deck area poolside.  Grills will be available.  Open campfires are NOT permitted.

The DCYC venue provides a grassy beach rigging area and the yacht club members are extremely supportive of Hobie Sailors.  We’ll be combining with their CHCR regatta, though Hobies will have our own racecourse with our own PRO, Joe Jacobi presiding.

Please note that masks may be required inside the restrooms and in common areas, so please bring a mask should it be needed.

Social distancing outdoors is encouraged, and social animals are welcome to attend!

SAILORS:  Please pre-register on RegattaNetwork before August 16th to reserve your t-shirt.

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=20378

Spectators, guests, and supporters, please use the Storefront link to order your t-shirts.  Again, order NO LATER THAN AUGUST 16th to get your shirt!

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_storefront.php?regatta_id=20378&clear_session=1

Thanks to all of our volunteers and sailors for supporting the 47th annual Mid-Americas Area Championship regatta.

Sheila

972.979.5465

Comfort Inn & Suites 8111 South I-35, Corinth, TX. 76210 (940) 497-6300 or http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-corinth-texas - 10.02 miles from DCYC.

Best Western 305 Swisher Road, Lake Dallas, TX. 75065 (940) 497-1007 or http://www.bestwestern.com 9.74 miles from DCYC.