Texas DASH 2020 RIP, Texas DASH 2021 hooray

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jim Casto

未讀,
2020年6月20日 上午10:48:242020/6/20
收件者:Austin Cats、Texas City Dike Yacht Club
Normally on this Saturday, this time of day, I would be on the beach making final preparations for the 40-mile "DASH" from Surfside to East Beach, which I've sailed with Terri Reuwsaat, and with Evan Walters, and on Mark Biscott's NACRA6.0.  I had good runs, and poor runs, but always a lot of fun and camaraderie.

I am hopeful we can do this race again, and I am grateful for the good memories, and grateful to those who worked so hard over the years, to make it happen, and grateful to the Houston & Galveston-area sailors, who were always so welcoming when our crowd of lake sailors showed up to brave the surf & sand & sun with the beach experts.

And of course, I am forever grateful to the man who made it possible in the first place, by letting us "amateurs" piggyback on the last leg of the GT300.  That person was Steve Piche, the "father" of the GT300.  I still miss him.

Jim Casto
amateur sailor

Mike Rohrer

未讀,
2020年6月20日 上午11:35:252020/6/20
收件者:Austin Cats、Texas City Dike Yacht Club
Well said!

Galway, Shannon

未讀,
2020年6月22日 中午12:28:332020/6/22
收件者:austi...@googlegroups.com、Texas City Dike Yacht Club
John, Tiffany, Sherri, and I were reminiscing this weekend how the GT has reshaped our perception of Father’s Day. All of us have been watching the weather forecasts along the coast last week, just like we do every year. Last week would’ve been a barn stormer for sure!

Shannon Galway, P.E.
VP of Technical Services

Friede & Goldman, Ltd.
3151 Briarpark Dr., Suite 800
Houston, Texas 77042
713-952-3444
s.ga...@fng.com<mailto:s.ga...@fng.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission (and/or the documents accompanying it) may contain confidential or privileged information belonging to the sender, which is protected under trade secret, unfair competition, and copyright laws. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender by telephone at (713) 952-3444 immediately.

From: "austi...@googlegroups.com" <austi...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Mike Beuerlein <mike.be...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 09:59
To: "austi...@googlegroups.com" <austi...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "tc...@googlegroups.com" <tc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [austincats-gg] Texas DASH 2020 RIP, Texas DASH 2021 hooray

Wow! Very well said!

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 10:35 AM Mike Rohrer <mike.p...@gmail.com<mailto:mike.p...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Well said!

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020, 9:48 AM Jim Casto <jca...@sbcglobal.net<mailto:jca...@sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
[...]

2020年6月22日 下午1:06:222020/6/22
收件者:Austin Cats、Texas City Dike Yacht Club
Yes, I was watching too.  I saw some rain storms in Galveston yesterday.  Reminded me of the last storm we sailed in which split the fleet with a huge separation.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/austincats/F2277CFC-CA70-43FF-947F-206FD9B6BF31%40fng.com.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄