Coronary Artery Disease

Mike Rohrer

Mar 23, 2020, 7:47:04 PM3/23/20
to Division-6, Austin Cats, Texas City Dike Yacht Club
Sailors,

In light of the recent passing of our good friend Steve Piche, I wanted to share some details about Coronary Artery Disease in the link below.

Quick Facts you probably don't know...

> Coronary Artery Disease is the number one Killer
> You may never have any symptoms before a major heart attack
> It is easy to get checked and the ct scan takes 15 min.
> Do not think because you are healthy you are exempt.

I was dumb founded to find out that you could have this disease and never know it.  Therefore, I have gone and gotten the heart scan which checks for the major arteries of the heart.  The test gives you a map of your arteries and score for each one that tells you how good your artery is.  A zero is the best score which means you have no plaque build up.

Chris Holt and I have both gone and gotten this done and we both have a score of zero.  I think our new team name should be Team Zero ❤.

There are seasonal drives when this can be done for free.  However, many places will do this for a minor fee of $75.  I do not think this is a covered by most medical plans.  However, I bet that will change and should change.

So, I think Steve would be happy to know if his situation caused you to go get checked out and it saves your life.  If Steve had know his situation, he could have gotten treatment to avoided a massive heart attack and possibly is early death.

I hope you will join Chris and I and get tested!

Mike Rohrer

Mike Rohrer

Mar 24, 2020, 11:42:47 PM3/24/20
to Floyd Adcock, Division-6, Austin Cats, Texas City Dike Yacht Club
Thanks Floyd!!!

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 7:59 AM Floyd Adcock <floyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank Mike I saw a documentary about this on Netflix or Amazon prime a few years back. I did not know Steve other than by his great reputation and seeing everyone's comments and story's. It was heart wrenching and I though about it for days. I have much respect for all of you GT300 sailors you guys & girls are a rare breed who push the limits of sailing to the very edge. I am sorry you have guys lost a friend and competitor. These scans you mentioned are now being required by many high risk jobs like astronauts and fighter pilots.

Here is the documentary about the scans http://widowmakerthemovie.com/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Division 6" group. If you reply, it only goes to sender. To reply to entire group, send to email address divis...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Division 6" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/division-6/CAP-7q%2BEE%3DebiHUYLn2jGsqCxX_%3DcDEYfnRgZ_UuyT%2BOLSfX_jg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thanks,
Floyd

Connect Realty

Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the Information About Brokerage Services to prospective buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords. Click Here for this Information:

Information about broker services