Downtown Lansing two-way conversions

Philip Wells

Aug 4, 2022, 11:07:05 AM8/4/22
to tcatc
It’s finally starting: Grand and Capitol, between Oakland and Washtenaw, will be converted Saturday. I’ll check it out and report.

In article (link below), Andy K says fewer traffic lanes than expected may be needed in some locations due to reduced traffic since pandemic. That should create more potential for dedicated bike facilities. We have agreed with him that those decisions can be made after seeing how things work for a while.

Grand, Capitol avenues in city will become 2-way streets on Saturday
https://lansingjournal-mi.newsmemory.com/?publink=0144e1d34_13485a8