Next TCBA Advocacy Committee Meeting on Wednesday, February 7th at LMB HQ

dale freeman

Feb 4, 2024, 7:16:22 PMFeb 4
to Tim Potter, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Michael Unsworth, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Dan Stockwell, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
FYI

Our next Advocacy Committee meeting will be in person at League of Michigan Bicyclist Office at 410 S. Cedar St (across from the Wendy's) in Lansing.  Please email me with any items that you would like to have added to the agenda.

Thanks!

Dale Freeman

Dan Stockwell

Feb 4, 2024, 9:10:13 PMFeb 4
to dale freeman, Tim Potter, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Michael Unsworth, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
Please add delta township update to the agenda.

Dan

Dan Stockwell

Feb 4, 2024, 10:50:37 PMFeb 4
to Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Tim Potter, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
Add two please.
1. Stop using Twitter for advocacy activities.
2. Proposed Mount Hope road diet.

Matt Penniman

Feb 5, 2024, 7:45:18 PMFeb 5
to Michael Unsworth, Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Tim Potter, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
Please add:

Preferred date (May 6?) and topics for cycling-focused discussion at East Lansing Transportation Commission (meetings are first Monday of each month)

(and let me know what you decide!)

Thanks,
Matt

Tim Potter

Feb 5, 2024, 11:27:29 PMFeb 5
to Michael Unsworth, Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
Didn’t know we’ve been using Twitter for advocacy.  If we’ve been using it why stop?  Hmm.

I propose something a little different, that we all attend the MSU Cycling Club movie Wed. night (it’s a fundraiser for the club) and have our meeting afterwards.

Details that I cross posted around on Facebook last week to help promote their event:

“The MSU Cycling Club (which TCBA is sponsoring this year by the way) is hosting a bike movie next week, Wed. Feb. 7.  Sounds like it'll be a fun evening!  I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie!

"Join us for  the showing of Uphill Climb, in the Natural Science building on Feb. 7 for National Women in Sports Day. It's a movie about the first women's Tour de France and all the discrimination they had to overcome.

It will be a donation-optional event starting at 6 pm in the Natural Science Building Room 128. The Director Jill Yesko will be attending after the showing of the movie to talk about the behind-the-scenes and her own experience as a former Olympic Cyclist!"

Here's a trailer for the movie in case you'd like to have a bit of a peek:  https://youtu.be/3o5u8JYKrEs?feature=shared

Lots of free bike parking around every campus building; free car parking anywhere (except for handicap or 24/7 leased spots) near this building too.

Sent from Tim Potter's mobile

Michael Unsworth

Feb 6, 2024, 10:37:50 AMFeb 6
to Tim Potter, Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, Phil Wells, tcatc
If a majority wants to do the film before
the meeting, then I would go. It would make for a long evening. Also, the reason we've been meeting at LMB. Is that we can use their big screen to view maps.

Philip Wells

Feb 6, 2024, 10:54:28 AMFeb 6
to Michael Unsworth, Tim Potter, Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Matt Penniman, Steven Leiby, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, tcatc
I’m interested in the movie. But if we do the movie, it would make sense to stay for the director’s talk afterwards. So I assume that would total at least two hours. So I would suggest that this is an either/or proposition: movie/talk or meeting. Does anybody who has put something on the agenda have a problem with postponing that discussion until March?
Phil

leib...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2024, 10:58:53 AMFeb 6
to Philip Wells, Michael Unsworth, Tim Potter, Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Kevin Schumacher, Mike Dombroski, Dave Mansfield, Corey Rowe, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Matt Penniman, Bob Lovell, Nick Kwiatkowski, David Goodman, Robert Pena, Arthur Slabosky, Pat Harrington, Rosanne Leland, Dean Brailey, Alex Seddon, Tom Hardenbergh, Patrick Kelley, tcatc

This is rather short notice on the movie.

With the new MSU door lock system, will there be issues entering the building?

Steve

dale freeman

Feb 6, 2024, 11:59:00 AMFeb 6
to Philip Wells, Alex Seddon, Arthur Slabosky, Bob Lovell, Corey Rowe, Dan Stockwell, Dave Mansfield, David Goodman, Dean Brailey, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Kevin Schumacher, Matt Penniman, Michael Unsworth, Mike Dombroski, Nick Kwiatkowski, Pat Harrington, Patrick Kelley, Robert Pena, Rosanne Leland, Steven Leiby, Tim Potter, Tom Hardenbergh, tcatc
Looking to hear from those with proposed agenda items to respond about postponing their items til March.

Also, want to hear from Tim regarding the door access issues that Steve raised.

Dan Stockwell

Feb 6, 2024, 1:09:30 PMFeb 6
to dale freeman, Philip Wells, Alex Seddon, Arthur Slabosky, Bob Lovell, Corey Rowe, Dave Mansfield, David Goodman, Dean Brailey, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Kevin Schumacher, Matt Penniman, Michael Unsworth, Mike Dombroski, Nick Kwiatkowski, Pat Harrington, Patrick Kelley, Robert Pena, Rosanne Leland, Steven Leiby, Tim Potter, Tom Hardenbergh, tcatc
Postpone agenda to March. Let’s have movie night.

Dan

Dan Stockwell

Feb 6, 2024, 1:43:21 PMFeb 6
to Dan Stockwell, dale freeman, Philip Wells, Alex Seddon, Arthur Slabosky, Bob Lovell, Corey Rowe, Dave Mansfield, David Goodman, Dean Brailey, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Kevin Schumacher, Matt Penniman, Michael Unsworth, Mike Dombroski, Nick Kwiatkowski, Pat Harrington, Patrick Kelley, Robert Pena, Rosanne Leland, Steven Leiby, Tom Hardenbergh, tcatc
Thanks for the support of the crazy idea Dan and others who are open to it.  Hopefully it'll bring out some new people from our group who aren't interested in our traditional meetings.

I'm working on getting the door access issue sorted out to be officially open w/ MSU Police.  I'll make a point of being at the door to make sure everyone gets in til 6:10 or so; don't want to miss the start of the movie!

Hope to see many of you there and please consider donating some $$ to the club as they're not funded by the university (unlike some of their competition which are funded).

After the movie I propose we go out to some local watering hole for post-movie conversation.

Tim Potter

*************************
MSU Bike Advisory Comm. member
TCBA Advocacy Comm. member
Ride of Silence webmaster
LCI #5207

Ride of Silence:  www.rideofsilence.org

2024 Ride of Silence: Wed. May 15th, 7:00 PM
One day. One time. One world, world wide.
Let the silence roar....

Steven Leiby

Feb 6, 2024, 2:53:24 PMFeb 6
to flyingdu...@gmail.com, Alex Seddon, Arthur Slabosky, Bob Lovell, Corey Rowe, Dan Stockwell, Dave Mansfield, David Goodman, Dean Brailey, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Kevin Schumacher, Matt Penniman, Michael Unsworth, Mike Dombroski, Nick Kwiatkowski, Pat Harrington, Patrick Kelley, Philip Wells, Robert Pena, Rosanne Leland, Tom Hardenbergh, dale freeman, tcatc
Tim,

What door should we use?

Steve

Tim Potter

Feb 6, 2024, 5:14:11 PMFeb 6
to Steven Leiby, Alex Seddon, Arthur Slabosky, Bob Lovell, Corey Rowe, Dan Stockwell, Dave Mansfield, David Goodman, Dean Brailey, Diana Twede, Jeanne Wright, Kevin Schumacher, Matt Penniman, Michael Unsworth, Mike Dombroski, Nick Kwiatkowski, Pat Harrington, Patrick Kelley, Philip Wells, Robert Pena, Rosanne Leland, Tom Hardenbergh, dale freeman, tcatc
I'm assuming the main entrance facing Farm Ln./ South.
If different I'll email again tomorrow.

Tim