Ranney Park access from East Lansing

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

David Goodman

未讀,
2021年11月11日 上午9:25:322021/11/11
收件者:tc...@googlegroups.com
If there is to be a single ped/bike access point into Ranney Park from the East, I suggest it be at the west end of Westview Ave. Actually Glenmoor Condos/Apts has a driveway into their parking lot here that’s a sort of Westview Ave extension; that’s what I suggest using. I’m guessing Glenmoor residents and others already or will informally use this access point. Now the trick is to get DTN (or whoever owns/runs Glenmoor) to formalize this access point, with agreement from Lansing & East Lansing as needed. County Commissioner Mark Grebner lives at northwest corner of Glenmoor condos; I think he would support all this.

Sent from my iPhone

David Goodman

未讀,
2021年11月11日 下午1:32:372021/11/11
收件者:Mark Grebner、Tcba、Alice Dreger、Dayna Topalian、Jeff Sewick、Kierstan Latham、Phylis Floyd、Rosanne Ahee、Jerry Mannausa
Mark,

All this sounds quite encouraging! I only suggested a city “takeover” of an extended Westview Ave as a way to gain public access to Ranney Park there. But it sounds as if the Glenmoor condo board and Mr. Mannausa are already in favor of permitting pedestrians and cyclists to use their properties to access the upcoming Ranney Park trails, in some fashion. I also agree with the concerns about parking. At the same time, I think it much more likely that trail users headed into Ranney Park would almost always be passing through on foot or bike anyway. And anyone wanting to drive to the there could park on the public streets such as Glenmoor if they don’t park at Ranney Park itself which I think will be much more likely.

Dave Goodman

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2021, at 12:22 PM, Mark Grebner <mark.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave -

DTN isn't involved at all, but the topic has already been discussed a great deal.

To the extent the Glenmoor Condos are involved, our five-member board needs to be consulted, and makes all the decisions. (CC's: Phylis Floyd, Dayna Topolian, Jeff Sewick, Kierstan Latham, Rose Ahee)  The Condo Board has generally been favorable to the idea of public access somewhere along the parking lot south of the condo buildings. Their main concern has been the hope principal public access shouldn't be located a few hundred feet further north, between our two buildings. There's already an informal pathway there, and the Drain Commissioner says he'll eventually pave a pathway on the Ranney Park side of the property line to that informal access point.  Getting the public to use an access point off the larger parking lot would be a relief.

Further south, extending Westview, the property involved actually belongs to Hillcrest Village Apartments, owned by Jerry Mannausa. (CC'd also.) I have no idea what Jerry's feelings are, but he has been cooperative with Ranney Park projects in the past. I imagine his main concern will be to avoid encouraging people to use his property as a motor vehicle access point, or serving as public parking.  I don't think he's likely to be concerned about joggers or people on bikes.
As I understand the Drain Commissioner's near-term plans, there isn't any immediate expectation of constructing the paved pathways along the eastern edge of Ranney Park. Apparently, it's a money problem. The parallel pathway along the western edge of the park will probably be built first, using County Trails Millage money.

If East Lansing decided to enhance the connection from Westview extended, into Ranney Park, funds might be available from the County Trails Millage.

-mark grebner

517-351-6682

Mark.G...@GMail.com

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM <alice...@gmail.com> wrote:
Copying Mr. Grebner on this.

Alice

(via my phone; my mother suggests you take a moment to appreciate my uncharacteristic brevity)

> On Nov 11, 2021, at 8:25 AM, 'David Goodman' via Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee <tc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> If there is to be a single ped/bike access point into Ranney Park from the East, I suggest it be at the west end of Westview Ave. Actually Glenmoor Condos/Apts has a driveway into their parking lot here that’s a sort of Westview Ave extension; that’s what I suggest using. I’m guessing Glenmoor residents and others already or will informally use this access point. Now the trick is to get DTN (or whoever owns/runs Glenmoor) to formalize this access point, with agreement from Lansing & East Lansing as needed. County Commissioner Mark Grebner lives at northwest corner of Glenmoor condos; I think he would support all this.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
> This is the Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee Google Group.  The comments posted to this list are the expressions of individual members and are not to be construed as an endorsement by the TCBA-Advocacy group unless specifically stated otherwise.  Our website is:  http://biketcba.org/advocacy

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tcatc/B94BFA28-8494-41FD-B643-37F98780FE74%40aol.com.

Bob Lovell

未讀,
2021年11月11日 下午2:24:322021/11/11
收件者:daveh...@aol.com、Mark Grebner、Tcba、Alice Dreger、Dayna Topalian、Jeff Sewick、Kierstan Latham、Phylis Floyd、Rosanne Ahee、Jerry Mannausa
East Lansing has posted signs at the north end of Gossard asking ballpark users not to park there.  Similar signs here would be appropriate. Maybe TCBA could buy them as a goodwill gesture.

Bob Lovell
6185 Graebear Trail
East Lansing, MI 48823
517 256-4552

Tom Hardenbergh

未讀,
2021年11月12日 晚上8:24:382021/11/12
收件者:Robert Lovell、Dave、Mark Grebner、Tcba、Alice Dreger、Dayna Topalian、Jeff Sewick、Kierstan Latham、Phylis Floyd、Rosanne Ahee、Jerry Mannausa
In that Ranney Park is very long, kind of like a central park, it makes sense to have access to it at both ends and in the middle.  Open-minded, sensible people will see to that.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息