Fwd: FW: US-127/I-496 traffic shift in Ingham County begins Tuesday

1 view

dale freeman

Mar 19, 2024, 1:59:25 PMMar 19
to tcatc
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <leib...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 1:26 PM
Subject: FW: US-127/I-496 traffic shift in Ingham County begins Tuesday
To: Dale Freeman <dfree...@gmail.com>
Cc: Patrick Kelley <kelley_...@hotmail.com>, Patricia Mead <SSId...@sbcglobal.net>, Deb Traxinger <debtra...@yahoo.com>, Dan Stockwell <dstoc...@gmail.com>, Eric Dean <ericj...@yahoo.com>, Erin Duling <erind...@live.com>, Chris Diamond <mr72...@comcast.net>

Dale,

Do you want to forward this to the Advocacy Committee?

Steve

Cc TCBA Board

Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 9:46 AM
To: Leib...@gmail.com

View or share as web page

dnewsroom

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2024

MEDIA CONTACT
Aaron Jenkins
517-243-9075
Jenki...@Michigan.gov

US-127/I-496 traffic shift in Ingham County begins today

LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will shift traffic onto northbound US-127/I-496 today.

This work is part of the $205 million investment to rebuild US-127/I-496 from I-96 to I-496 that will address safety concerns, improve roadway geometrics, and improve vehicular movement. In addition, this work is expected to improve and rebuild bridges through this segment and update drainage, signs, and pavement markings in Ingham County.

For project news and updates, visit www.Michigan.gov/127Corridor, and/or contact MDOT-127...@Michigan.gov.

County:
Ingham

Highways:
US-127/I-496

Closest cities:
Lansing
East Lansing

Start date:
7 a.m.
Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Estimated end date:
7 a.m.
Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Overall project end date:
December 2025

Traffic restrictions:
This traffic control shift will require lane and ramp closures on northbound and southbound US-127 between Saginaw Street and I-96. Please follow the posted detours. Motorists should expect delays and are advised to seek alternate routes.

Jobs numbers:
Based on economic modeling, this investment is expected to directly and indirectly support 2,911 jobs.

Safety benefit:
This project will provide drivers with a rebuilt freeway with improved geometrics and rebuilt structures through the corridor. Closing lanes and ramps during this type of work is necessary to provide the safest work area possible for crews and motorists.

###
Work zones are temporary,
Bad decisions behind the wheel can last forever.

Follow MDOT

Facebook icon in blue  X Twitter icon in blue  YouTube icon in blue  Instagram icon in blue  LinkedIn icon in blue  Threads icon in blue  Podcast - Blue icon

MDOT | Contact us | Mi Drive

Want to change how you receive these e-mails?
Manage Subscriptions | Subscriber Help

Get personalized voter information on early voting and other topics at Michigan.gov/Vote.

This email was sent to Leib...@gmail.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Michigan DOT · 425 W. Ottawa St. · Lansing, MI 48909 · 517-241-2400