MDOT"s FY 2026 Safety Call for Local Safety Program Projects

Tim Potter

Jan 31, 2024, 2:41:05 PMJan 31
to tcatc
Perhaps we could propose funding to pay for all the accessibility problems MDOT created for people trying to walk/ bike along and across M-roads in the state?

"... the unit delivers the Local Safety Program, in which the goal is improving the safety for all users (motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, transit users) on public roadways under local agency jurisdiction. All roads open to the public, even if such roads are not on the federal-aid eligible network, are eligible for safety funds. Applications are accepted annually."

Nothing ironic there vs. what MDOT has done along US-127 w/ all the new J-turns, no.  Nothing here, move along!

Tim

*************************
MSU Bike Advisory Comm. member
TCBA Advocacy Comm. member
Ride of Silence webmaster
LCI #5207

Ride of Silence:  www.rideofsilence.org

2024 Ride of Silence: Wed. May 15th, 7:00 PM
One day. One time. One world, world wide.
Let the silence roar....

Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2024 4:53 PM
To: pot...@msu.edu
Subject: FY 2026 Safety Call for Projects

Small Urban Program banner

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Bookmark and Share

The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is pleased to announce the solicitation of applications for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2026 Local Safety Program, including the Highway Safety Improvement (HSIP), Highway Safety Improvement (HSIP) Systemic, and High-Risk Rural Road (HRRR) programs.

The FY 2026 Call for Projects Letter is posted on the Local Agency Program website, under the Special Funding Program tab. Refer to the Exhibits for information regarding eligibility and submitting candidate Safety Project Applications.

Applications are due before 11:59 PM EDT, Wednesday, May 1, 2024.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jackie Pethers, Local Safety Program Engineer, at  Peth...@michigan.gov.

The Michigan Department of Transportation:
Providing the highest quality integrated transportation services for economic benefit and improved quality of life.
www.Michigan.gov/MDOT  |  Contact MDOT  |  Bookmark and Share

artbe...@sbcglobal.net

Jan 31, 2024, 4:34:50 PMJan 31
to tcatc, Tim Potter
   There is a discussion in this. Maybe we address it at the next committee meeting.

                  Art

--
This is the Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee Google Group. The comments posted to this list are the expressions of individual members and are not to be construed as an endorsement by the TCBA-Advocacy group unless specifically stated otherwise. Our website is: http://biketcba.org/advocacy

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tcatc/CACuXwQ18-ajKT%2Bs3%2BBrm_rpiDpbM0iOpXv%2B%3D-WHPAamS_pPUHA%40mail.gmail.com.

Tom Hardenbergh

Feb 1, 2024, 11:29:11 AMFeb 1
to artbe...@sbcglobal.net, tcatc, Tim Potter
I've used the J-Turns at Hyde Rd, Maple Rapids Rd, and County Line Rd by car, not by bike or walking, to get on southbound US127.  Even when the traffic is moderate, I wait for a big opening because of its high speed.  I'm relieved when I get one.  I haven't had any close-calls.  I wonder if there have been crashes at the J-turns.

Tom H

Tim Potter

Feb 1, 2024, 12:08:28 PMFeb 1
to Tom Hardenbergh, tcatc
The Michigan Traffic Crash Facts website has 2022 crash data, so you should be able to find data thru 2022 for those intersections like French Rd. which had been converted earlier, not to mention others around the state.

Tim