Vulnerable Road User Safety Assessment Survey

dale freeman

Jun 18, 2024, 8:00:39 PMJun 18
to tcatc
Follow this link to complete the MDOT survey to provide input on how to make Michigan’s roads safer for all road users

Dale

Bob Lovell

Jun 18, 2024, 10:09:17 PMJun 18
to Dale Freeman, tcatc
Just a reminder: These are the folks making unnavigable J-turns and ped "safety" islands without protective barriers or ped-activated lights.

Bob Lovell
6185 Graebear Trail
East Lansing, MI 48823
517 256-4552

--
This is the Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee Google Group. The comments posted to this list are the expressions of individual members and are not to be construed as an endorsement by the TCBA-Advocacy group unless specifically stated otherwise. Our website is: http://biketcba.org/advocacy

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tri-County Bicycle Assn Advocacy Committee" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tcatc/CAJh7GkhwLCRe5XxrXyoU-rj7RjUu7MYY%3D85UJqXmGSy6Gqb_gw%40mail.gmail.com.

Tim Potter

Jun 19, 2024, 7:40:05 AMJun 19
to boblo...@gmail.com, Dale Freeman, tcatc
Thx for the reminder Bob.

FWIW: Here’s a copy of an email I just sent to John Martin, MDOT’s Complete Street/ CSS guy) yesterday and submitted via the only feedback form on MDOT’s site (their pothole report form):

Hi John,

Hope you’re enjoying summer so far.

In recent years, I’ve noticed that the pedestrian crossing markings on M-43 do not get repainted very often.  I’ve also noticed that the fog line paint markings have recently been repainted along M43 in our area.

I finally took photos on my ride home this evening through East Lansing and into Meridian Township along M43.   I’ve seen official data that says walking and biking in East Lansing is some of the highest numbers in the country likely due to the MSU campus being on the south side of M43.

How can MDOT seemingly ignore basic safety facilities for pedestrians?

Sent from Tim Potter's mobile

Tim Potter

Jul 2, 2024, 6:24:58 PMJul 2
to Bob Lovell, Dale Freeman, tcatc
I finally found the time to complete this MDOT VRU survey only to find out that their comment boxes for "Other" ideas/ suggestions were limited to 255 characters.  That's like one sentence.
What a joke.  Very disrespectful of those of us who give these things serious consideration and thought.  All they apparently want are atta-boys and other such hot air comments.
I'm so sick of trying to get thru to anyone in MDOT who truly cares about VRU's.

Tim Potter

PS:  Still haven't rec'd a response from John nor anyone else at MDOT after sending my last email and photos which were pretty on point I'd say.

MSU Bike Advisory Comm. member
TCBA Advocacy Comm. member
Ride of Silence webmaster
LCI #5207

Ride of Silence:  www.rideofsilence.org

2025 Ride of Silence: Wed. May 21st, 7:00 PM
One day. One time. One world, world wide.
Let the silence roar!