Apartment bike share

David Goodman

Jun 14, 2022, 11:48:36 AM6/14/22
to Tcba
I was driving through Hiddentree Apartments (Saginaw & Harrison, East Lansing) this morning and saw five brand new bike share units standing in their racks outside the office. After looking the bikes over, I went inside and found Alex, the relevant Morgan Properties person. Alex said he’s still working to activate the system. I asked if residents would get to use the bikes for free (using a credit card, of course). And if non-residents could pay to ride. All through the ON app. We went back outside to see what features the bikes have. Baskets in front, and within each basket is a cup holder! 😎

Alex says Briarcliffe Apartments at 2305 E Jolly also has the same system. I congratulated Alex on Morgan Prop. forward thinking contributions to local transportation. This is something that could be done on a wider basis. I wonder if there’s a way to build locks into these share bikes? If not, perhaps the apartment office can loan out cable locks or something.

Thoughts? I guess this could be useful, depending on how much residents provide their own bikes. Notably, Lansing(-area) bike share was tried in recent years, but has not taken off. We shall see. This private effort is certainly worth encouraging!

Dave Goodman

Sent from my iPhone