Adding or commenting on an issue? Here's now to include code snippets, etc.

Kerry Kimbrough

Sep 29, 2015, 3:41:56 PM9/29/15
to Tcases Forum
FYI, if you add or comment on an issue in GitHub, you're actually writing your comment in a simple markup style called "Markdown". You can use Markdown to create bullet lists, include code snippets, and apply another kinds of formatting.

To learn how, look at the top of the comment box for a link named "Markdown supported". This will take you to a quick Markdown tutorial.

Juglar

Oct 1, 2015, 6:40:43 PM10/1/15
to Tcases Forum
Thanks for the info and the link.

However, I already read that trying to include my xml snippets without success: the text was included in the "source" pane, but no in the "View" pane (nor in the published, of course).

I've read it again and I'm sorry, but I still don't now what to do to include xml snippets.

Jose

Kerry Kimbrough

Oct 3, 2015, 11:18:04 AM10/3/15
to tca...@googlegroups.com
There's an example of an XML snippet in my last comment here: https://github.com/Cornutum/tcases/issues/6

The source text is shown below. Notice how the XML snippet is enclosed by ``` markers

Here's how you can get the same effect with failure conditions.

```xml
<Var name="Var2">
    <Value name="SupMax" failure="true" when="NormalVar1"/>
    <Value name="Max"/>
    <Value name="Min" property="NormalVar2"/>
</Var>
<Var name="Var1" whenNot="NormalVar2">
    <Value name="SupMax" failure="true"/>
    <Value name="Central" property="NormalVar1"/>
    <Value name="Min"/>
</Var>
```

Juglar

Oct 4, 2015, 8:17:39 AM10/4/15
to Tcases Forum
Yes, it does work !

It's much easier to find than in the markdown documentation.

Thanks !