Garden Goddess Press Release

Chuck Waibel

Aug 5, 2011, 12:42:13 PM8/5/11
to Melvin Giles, Metric Giles, Mhonpaj Lee, Michael Burns, Michele Skogrand, Mike Schiermann, Milan Standard, Moonstone Farm, Morgana, Nancy Strand, Nick and Joan Olson, NW Ontario Women's Centre, Orenda Community, Orendanorth, Partners Book Distributors, Paul Wymar, Phyllis VanBuren, Prairie Renaissance, R .T, Rybak, ra...@wtip.org, Reginaldo Haslett-Marroquin, Ruth Ann Karty, Ryan Pesch, Sandy Olson-Loy, sen.gary.kubly, Singh, Virajita, Sue Brickweg, Sue Wallen-Burns, Sue Wika, Susane Moua, tcaqua...@googlegroups.com, Trio Bookworks (Ann), Vicki Poier, Willmar Area Foodshelf, Wrights, Yolanda Cotterall, you...@pioneer.org

For Immediate Release

Chuck Waibel and Carol Ford of Milan, MN, inventors of the revolutionary Garden Goddess Greenhouse low-energy winter growing system, will be at the Eco Experience building at the Minnesota State Fair on the morning of September 3rd, from 8:30 to Noon. They will talk about their methods, their experiences running a “Rural Urban Farm” CSA, and their book- The Northlands Winter Greenhouse Manual.

The couple has presented workshops and helped to start greenhouse projects across the Midwest and in Canada.

Other Local Foods advocates from around the region are expected to periodically join them.

They will hold a drawing for copies of their book, as well as the CD version with extras.

Bring your questions and enthusiasm. Ask these internationally-recognized innovators about how all of us can do more than we think we can to help ourselves and our communities.

Quotes:

“Times are tough, and likely to get tougher.” says Chuck Waibel. “We've literally had people cry when they realized how much they could do for themselves and their communities.”

"It's great to have the opportunity to talk about the advantages of CSAs in Minnesota," says Carol Ford "And we get the chance to tell people about how wonderful it can be to have that same freshness and flavor all through a Minnesota winter!"

Related Websites:

http://www.gardengoddessenterprises.com/

http://mnrenewables.org/eco-experience

http://www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/eco_experience.html