Request from Overlake

Rebecca Novelli

Jul 13, 2007, 10:09:06 PM7/13/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ladies!

Dahlila gave me a call today. She really enjoyed meeting all of you. The cotton fabric hats that we gave her are perfect for teenagers but if you are using that pattern, please increase the width by at least an inch for adults. The small ladies found them to be too tight, even without their hair. :( But hey, they now have enough for the teens that come for a while. :) She did have a suggestion for us to make. There is no pattern available, only a sample which I'll bring with me on Sunday and Friday. It's a cotton triangle scarf that is 30" x 21.5" x 21.5" with extra padding over the top of the head. I've put together a list of sewing, knitting and crocheting patterns that are similar. Hopefully, that will give you some ideas of how to proceed.

If anyone finds any other patterns, please feel free to edit the list. You all have access to be able to do that.

Stitch 'n Pitch last chance -- I'll be picking up tickets tomorrow at Ben Franklin's. They said they have plenty so if you'd like to come and would like me to pick up a ticket for you, please let me know.

bexn
--
Peace      مع السلامة        שלום
Rebecca    ريبكا        רבקה

Enough shovels of earth -- a mountain. Enough pails of water -- a river.
-- Chinese proverb

Cafea...@aol.com

Jul 13, 2007, 10:47:49 PM7/13/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
OK - now I'm confused.
Does Overlake not want the style that I was making. Or if they do, just make them larger?

Or do they only want the kerchief style?

Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

TBT Fiber Arts

Jul 13, 2007, 11:24:43 PM7/13/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
You can continue to make hats with the current pattern but it needs to be widened by at least 1". They've also asked us to make the triangle scarf. It's one-size fits all, perfect for summer and has a padded top for comfort. There is no pattern for it, however, but I have included similar ones up on our Google group. I will also bring it to the meeting on Sunday & Friday. I don't think it will be difficult to duplicate for any of the fiber arts. If someone would like to make a pattern of it for sewing, that would be great. There are several knitting and crocheting patterns that are the right size listed.

bexn
--
Peace مع السلامة שלום
Rebecca ريبكا רבקה

One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked.
-- Chinese proverb

Cafea...@aol.com

Jul 16, 2007, 10:36:27 AM7/16/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
I tried one of the "bonnet" styles, and it came out fine. A little more sewing, but not complicated.

I can make the other ones bigger. I think for right now, I'll make up the ones I cut out already and just label them teen/small adult.

Thanks for all your work,
Cherie

Rebecca Novelli

Jul 16, 2007, 11:45:44 PM7/16/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded a new "Workshop Tags.pdf" file that contain "Pre-Teen" and "Teen" as sizes. Overlake suggests labeling your hats as Teen and not Small Adult. I know that we were putting both together but since they are running into a specific size issue, I thought it would be easiest to update the tags.

I will be bringing the sample that Overlake Hospital gave me to the meeting Friday if anyone would like to take a look at it. It should require very little sewing. They've essentially taken a square of fabric and folded it over into a triangle and put what feels like thin batting that's 13" x 3.75" at the top of the head (right along the fold on the long side). Finished dimensions are 30" x 21.5" x 21.5". I will be posting some needle knitting and loom knitting patterns for this hopefully soon.

bexn
--
Peace مع السلامة שלום
Rebecca ريبكا רבקה

Cafea...@aol.com

Jul 17, 2007, 10:50:23 AM7/17/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
Rebecca,
For now I am unable to attend the meetings.
If I am the only one sewing, would it be possible for you to put the kerchief in the mail to me?
Or, if you go by on your way to Costco or the Vet, just drop it by.
Thanks, Cherie

Cherie Klein
4523 - 191st AVE SE
Issaquah, Wa. 98027

Rebecca Novelli

Jul 17, 2007, 1:30:15 PM7/17/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
After Friday's meeting, it will be left in the coat closet at TBT on a hanger with a big note on it that indicates that it is the sample from Overlake Hospital. That way, anyone who wants to can make pattern or get ideas for whatever craft they do. The coat room is always open. You can call 425-603-9677 ahead of time if you are not sure if TBT itself is open.

bexn
--
Peace مع السلامة שלום
Rebecca ريبكا רבקה

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.
-- Chinese proverb