Hats, Blankets & Stitch 'n Pitch

Rebecca Novelli

Jul 9, 2007, 1:54:11 AM7/9/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you a count of the hats that have been made. We've made 73 hats & 2 blankets between all of us! This doesn't count the ones that are at the office that haven't been picked up yet. This is absolutely amazing! I want to give a special thank you to Cherie who has made 44 hats and 2 baby blankets to date. You are truly an inspiration. Ben Franklin's asked me this evening to type up information about our group so they can send people our way. They frequently get questions about how to contribute to local charities and until now, they had no where to send them. We've all made a difference in the Seattle area. I hope you are all proud of your involvement. Please don't forget to send me the hours that you've worked. We turn these in as a group per Overlake's requirements. You do not need to keep track of the hours that you work for Children's.

Terry Shirk has volunteered to embroider 20-25 hats for us. I think we should hand over the ones that we've done that have not been washed yet to her. Terry, could you contact one of the folks who are doing the washing (Rosetta, Cherie & myself) so we can coordinate this with you? We'll wash them when you're done. Thanks again for doing this.

I am considering calling the Humane Society down the street from me to give us another option. We would then hit all ages and multiple species. :) I heard that they need blankets for the cat cages & toys for both the cats & dogs. If this would be of interest, let me know. I know there are some animal lovers in the group. As always, please choose whatever charity speaks to you. There is a need all over the local area. Currently we are making items for Tent City 4, Overlake Hospital and Children's Hospitals.

Is everyone ready for Stitch 'n Pitch on Thursday, July 26th? We have two different options:

1. Go as a group. We would need to order ASAP. Tickets are $12 + handling fees.
2. Get tickets from either Ben Franklin's or Hilltop Yarn East and then sit together.

I would be happy to either order the tickets or pick them up, I just need to know how many. Sorry for the late notice, my health has been giving me fits. If you would e-mail me (be...@pobox.com, please don't reply to this mail) by Thursday @ 5p at the latest to let me know you are interested, I will do my best to get us tickets.

I think it would be a lot of fun to go together and knit, crochet, quilt, etc while we watch the game. And maybe eat a soft pretzel or two. :) Free patterns are available on Interweave's website for baseball caps & socks for the event.

BTW, I've put up links to free patterns for stuffed animals. Dahlila had originally told me that the ER hands these out to both kids and adults. I still have the ones I was given when I had surgery as a kid. They really do make a difference in your stay. So if you're looking for something a little different to do, please consider this option. I have patterns for sewing, knitting & crocheting.

Thanks again for all of your help with Seattle-area charities!

bexn
--
Peace      مع السلامة        שלום
Rebecca    ريبكا        רבקה

A book holds a house of gold.
-- Chinese proverb

Robin Negrin

Jul 9, 2007, 7:34:44 PM7/9/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com

Hello Rebecca~

I'm sorry that I have not been able to attend any of your meetings.  I am now volunteering on Fridays at a facility for spinal cord patients.

I just wanted to let you know that I have a woman at Kline Galland who has been very busy with her knitting.  This is a woman who grew-up wilth special needs, she is now in her late 70's.  She learned to knit only in the last 4 years and is always busy completing a project.  She is currently knitting very colorful blankets for members of Tent City.  Do we have any idea of the dates that Tent City will be arriving at TBT?  I have the blankets here at my home, just let me know when they are needed.

All your projects sound very exciting, keep -up the amazing work!!

Robin Negrin

From: Rebecca Novelli <be...@pobox.com>
To: tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [TBTFiberArts:3] Hats, Blankets & Stitch 'n Pitch
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:54:11 -0700
--
Peace Ù...ع السلاÙ...Ø(c) ×(c)×OE×*×
Rebecca ريبكا ר×'ק×"

TBT Fiber Arts

Jul 9, 2007, 7:52:39 PM7/9/07
to tbtfib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin & All,

Blankets are needed immediately at Tent City 4. It was one of the requested items that went out from them the last time I received an e-mail. Tent City 4 is currently located at Church of the Resurrection, 15220 Main St., Bellevue, and will be there through August. I'd be happy to drop them off if you are not able to. They will not be arriving at TBT until Summer of 2008.

I'm sorry you aren't able to join us on Fridays, Robin, but it sounds like you're doing some great work at the Kline Galland. Maybe we'll see you at a Sunday meeting at some point. :)

Take care,

Rebecca
--
Peace مع السلامة שלום