Tran Wheel Bearing Sets

Gareth Ellis

Apr 11, 2022, 10:04:21 PMApr 11
to TBRR
Hi Guys n Gals,

We were chatting at the New Braunfels show about wheel bearing sets and how the price can build up when ordering many. I just figured out, using my drill press is a really easy way to press them into bearings. I don't want to do this as a business venture, more so to help our club members have better rolling stock.

I can press these into any technic hole as long as the opposite side can lay flat without support

Like these

image.pngimage.pngimage.png     image.png     image.png

If your interested speak up, it would be cheaper order materials in larger quantities because of shipping.

I would guess that a pair of wheels with two image.png bricks and two bearings and an axel  would be about $4.10 a set

--
Gareth Ellis

Derik Melton

Steve Jackson

Apr 14, 2022, 11:27:22 PMApr 14
to Texas Brick Railroad
I need sets for a couple of dozen cars at least. (shudders at expense)

Gareth Ellis

Apr 15, 2022, 11:24:08 AMApr 15
to Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
I did some more material searching and looks like a set of 4 wheel sets (one coach) would be about $10 - $12

Edward

Apr 15, 2022, 11:31:41 AMApr 15
to Gareth Ellis, Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
How much just for the bearings?

Derik Melton

Apr 15, 2022, 11:53:50 AMApr 15
to Edward, Gareth Ellis, Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
Wow still that costly huh?
The 8 bricks can’t be more than $1
The axle and wheels must be the expense because I’ve seen the bearings and bought like a pack or $50 of them for a pretty reasonable amount. Maybe I didn’t get the right ones.

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Jackson

Apr 15, 2022, 12:52:32 PMApr 15
to Derik Melton, Edward, Gareth Ellis, Texas Brick Railroad
All my coaches have axles and wheels now. Should I supply those?

Derik Melton

Apr 15, 2022, 12:54:43 PMApr 15
to Steve Jackson, Edward, Gareth Ellis, Texas Brick Railroad
That’s a good point. The wheel sets I have that have broken bricks could be reused

Sent from my iPhone