Show worthy trees,

Gareth Ellis

May 14, 2022, 7:00:59 PMMay 14
to TBRR
Cat is on a mission to build vegetation and trees but they need to be show worthy, any body have some good designs or tips ?

--
Gareth Ellis

Steve Jackson

May 15, 2022, 11:55:53 PMMay 15
to Texas Brick Railroad
Several of us have good, and distinct, designs. Derik's are the biggest and showest of all. Tony's make the thickest woods but do it at a high parts cost. Mine are parsimonious and simple to build, and come in great variety for a natural appearance. And Lasso has a couple of different excellent designs.

Steve Jackson

May 15, 2022, 11:59:20 PMMay 15
to Texas Brick Railroad
I think my one totally actionable and generic hint for building show-worthy trees is to make sure the design can travel well. You don't want to be rebuilding them once you get there.

Lasseter

May 16, 2022, 9:58:39 AMMay 16
to Gareth Ellis, TBRR
Y’all should sign up for the tree workshop and foliage workshop at Brick Rodeo.

We will be building these trees in the tree workshop this year.

Beyond this design, you should drop by my house and I can show you a number of show-worthy designs.  I even have some extra leaves.

--
TTFN,
Brian "Lasso" Lasseter

"No Sane man will dance."   -Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

Mark Williams

May 16, 2022, 10:29:33 AMMay 16
to Brian Lasseter, Gareth Ellis, TBRR
Attached is a booklet from Alice Finch that she used at Brick Rodeo 2016. She stated it was okay to share with the club.

Mark

"Facts" are meaningless without perspective.

Image result for fake cliff brazil
Tree Techniques- Bricks Fiesta 2016.pdf