AFOL Shopping Day Update

Ed Chang

Mar 11, 2022, 5:21:31 PMMar 11
to Texas Brick Railroad
The remaining dates for 2022 have been announced, as:
March 19, 2022
June 18, 2022
September 17, 2022
December 3, 2022

The bigger news is that the 15% discount is going away. March 19 will be the last day for this.

LEGO intends to replace the 15% discount with a Gift With Purchase with $75 purchase.
They plan to make a new "limited collectible LEGO set" for each shopping day. There is no information on the size/value of the set, or if there will be any press images for the set ahead of time. It is also not clear how the set will be distributed (would all Houston area stores get the sets? how many? would it be possible that the stores run out of sets?), or if would be possible to go to multiple stores to get multiple sets. Like before, this is in-store only.

Registration for AFOL day is the same as before and necessary to get the GWP. If you are not registered for AFOL Day, please come to one of our public events first.

Jan Beyer did offer this hint for the June GWP set:
“I am red, green, white and grey all over, you can re-grift this inspirational 1978 set; Some might gather in squares”

Not sure if "re-grift" was intended.

Ed Chang

Jun 8, 2022, 6:23:19 PMJun 8
to Texas Brick Railroad
I think this has already been posted on the other LUG forums, but I'll post here too for reference.
The AFOL day discount has been reinstated - at least for the near future, given the negative feedback toward the GWP promotion.
Rules will revert to 15% off sets less than $99.00, limit 3 of any one SKU per person, additional limitations at manager discretion.
The dates have changed also-
July 9, 2022
September 10, 2022
December 10, 2022

June 18 is no long a shopping day.
If you are eligible you should get an invitation email June 9, June 23, or July 7.