National Train Show 2023 in Grapevine

Steve Jackson

May 5, 2022, 7:05:09 PMMay 5
to Texas Brick Railroad
I have heard back from the NMRA Lone Star Division's liaison with the National Train Show. He likes Lego . . . He says we can expect a space at least the size we had in Galveston, which was 10 x 30.

The NMRA show is August 21-26. I don't yet know which of the weekends the NTS will be on - everything on the NTS website is about the 2022 show! But one end of that period or the other.

If you have never ridden the Grapevine Vintage RR, that should go on your list too.

Further info to come as I get it!

Gareth Ellis

May 5, 2022, 7:15:56 PMMay 5
to Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
Hi Steve,

This sounds like a really fun event!

Gareth Ellis

Derik Melton

May 5, 2022, 7:19:30 PMMay 5
to Gareth Ellis, Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
Excellent!

Edward

May 5, 2022, 7:22:05 PMMay 5
to Derik Melton, Gareth Ellis, Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
This is good news.

We should move to claim that space a soon as possible.
I think we should also not monopolize the space offered for Lego displays - in other words, if there is not a separate L-gauge space, we should share some of the space with them.

Steve Jackson

May 5, 2022, 7:59:50 PMMay 5
to Texas Brick Railroad
Definitely agreed. I will make sure it is understood that they may hear from other Lego groups. I would actually prefer not to be in the position of claiming all the Lego space and then subdividing it; do you think we need to do that? It may also depend on whether they WANT all the Lego together, and I have no idea whether they group their displays in general by gauge. (I know in Atlanta the show was under the impression that the "NTLTC," a defunct group, was THE Lego train club, but I don't recall who actually organized the space under that name.)

Edward

May 5, 2022, 8:08:43 PMMay 5
to Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
I had heard from someone (I think on Facebook?) that NTLTC North Texas Lego Train Club was still active. But they don't really interact much with the larger Lego community as far as I can tell.

I agree we don't necessarily want to claim all of the LEGO train space. I'm just not too optimistic there will be multiple spaces offered. I would love to be wrong about that.

Derik Melton

May 5, 2022, 8:19:44 PMMay 5
to Edward, Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
Does this mean TBRR is penciled in for 10’x30’ or that’s all the LEGO train space total?

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Jackson

May 5, 2022, 8:32:32 PMMay 5
to Texas Brick Railroad, Texas Brick Railroad
On May 5, 2022, at 7:19 PM, Derik Melton <dw.me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this mean TBRR is penciled in for 10’x30’ or that’s all the LEGO train space total?

What the representative said to me: The TBRR space will be at least the size of our Galveston display. That is where the 10 x 30 came from. We did not discuss other clubs.

Ed - I know there is all kinds of stuff on Facebook. But I made several attempts, as TBRR was getting off the ground (out of the station?) to contact NTLTC, and never got any responses or found any sign of life at all. At that time they had a web page that had not been updated in a long time. Now, Googling “north texas lego train club” brings up TBRR first and no sign of NTLTC . . . If they do still exist, I’d love to talk. Would someone who is a member of Facebook like to search there?

It’s also true that if they actually exist but don’t want to interact with other Lego clubs, we can’t make them do so :)

Matt Sailors

May 5, 2022, 10:24:28 PMMay 5
to Steve Jackson, Texas Brick Railroad
Quick FB search turns up this when I searched for NTLTC

Steve Jackson

May 29, 2022, 1:34:16 AMMay 29
to Texas Brick Railroad
Norwegian Tiki Lounge and Taco Cabana