LEGO(R) Exhibit at Pearl Fincher Art Museum

Tim Howell

Jun 4, 2022, 6:53:16 PMJun 4
to Texas Brick Railroad
Today the Pearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts in Spring opened its summer exhibition, No Limits - The Artistry of Bricks. Builders with artwork on display include members of Houston Brick Club, Texas Brick Railroad, TexLUG.  The exhibit will run until Sept. 3 - check the museum website for hours, it is not open every day.

There was a good crowd today, especially for the first couple hours. I was told over 500 visitors came, which was their highest opening-attendance ever. I saw much excitement over the various MOCs. The museum also had play brick and painting areas that were also popular.

LEGO(R) Masters contestants Dawn (sunflowers) and Moto (Chrysalis spaceship) also each provided a MOC. Moto was there in person today, talking with fans and doing a couple Q&A sessions. Brick artist Jonathan Lopes provided two builds.

Texas AFOLs with work on display (in the random order I happened to write them down):
Houston Brick Club - microscale Houston
Tim Hutchings - mountain art
Tony Sava - cathedral
Steve Jackson - Tree (originally built by Amanda Feuk)
Steve Laughlin - Reef, BB8
Ed Frazee - husky mosaic
Greg Jonason - mosaics of Einstein, MLK, Bart Simpson, and BB8
Dave Slater - cars
Nathaen Koski - Old Ironsides
Ed Chang - Sugar Mill
Adam Bell - Alamo facade
Robert Roche - San Jacinto Monument
Jason Maggitti - spiral
Rudy Luna - Batman (design by Keith Brogan)
Tim Howell - rainbow castle, owl tree

In addition, T.J. Avery's "WOW" build was on display - may thanks to his family for donating it to the Club, and to Robert Carlile for extensive restoration work.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, please correct me if I did.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped out!

Tim Howell