Curie temperature of different materials

Blues Needa

May 6, 2024, 11:17:48 PMMay 6
to TB2J
Hello,
I am trying to calculate Curie temperature of SmFe12 system by Vampire, using exchange parameters obtained from openmx-TB2J. But the result (Curie temperature) was very high about 2 times than expected (experimental) value.
Then I run some test calculations on Fe-bcc, Co-hexagonal, FeCo-bcc systems. However, the results were still 2 times than expected values except Fe-bcc structure. It is interesting that i got correct result for Fe-bcc system.
I would like to ask about the reason why i get these results? or Did I miss some required tags in my input file? Appreciate for any help

Blues Needa

May 7, 2024, 12:19:34 AMMay 7
to TB2J
Here, I attached some of my calculations.
SmFe12.rar
Fe.rar

Xu He

May 16, 2024, 6:49:42 AMMay 16
to TB2J
Hi,
There are many possible reasons for the discrepancy between the simulation result  and experimental ones.
You can find some of them here:
Best regards,
HeXu

Blues Needa

May 22, 2024, 12:27:53 PMMay 22
to TB2J
Thank you for the reply. As I found from that web site, there is saying that " Since version 0.7.1, the TB2J-Vampire output take the “tensorial” format, in which the exchange values are 2 times that in the convention of TB2J. "
Does it mean that 2 times exchange values are kind of TB2J-Vampire bugs? If so, Can I just divide the exchange values by 2 to calculate the Curie temperature?

Xu He

May 22, 2024, 4:42:56 PMMay 22
to TB2J
Hello,
No this is not a bug. It is a choice of convention. There are multiple conventions of Heisenberg Hamiltonians and the exchange parameters should be adjusted accordingly.
HeXu