3.3 alpha 2

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Mark Banner

unread,
Jan 10, 2011, 3:58:24 PM1/10/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
I've been thinking about getting another alpha release of 3.3 out. Since
the last release before Christmas we've a good number of fixes that have
landed:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=ALL%20+milestone:%22Thunderbird%203.3a2%22%20+resolution:FIXED

There's some bug fixes from items known in alpha 1, and omnijar which
puts startup time back on a par with the 3.1.x builds. There's some
attachment improvements for the compose window, plus the normal type of
backend fixes.

I'm also hoping that this week we can land the about:support feature in
trunk and fix up the broken notifications in add-on manager (where it
currently doesn't notify you of incompatible install attempts etc). We
should also be able to get the Miramar logos.

I think that these changes plus the core back-end fixes will be a good
point to cut an alpha 2 from so that we can get feedback on the fixes
and improvements and check for new bugs.

If we get these in early/mid this week, then we should be able to cut
3.3 alpha 2 on Thursday or Friday and release it at sometime next week.
The timing would also work well as 3.1.8 builds are due to start next week.

The exact timing of the various release stages will be slightly flexible
depending on what state we feel the trunk is in and how much time we
spend verifying builds etc.

If there's anything largish or feature wise looking to land this week
please let me know as we may want it to land before or after we cut alpha 2.

Thoughts welcome,
Mark.

_______________________________________________
tb-planning mailing list
tb-pl...@mozilla.org
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-planning

Blake Winton

unread,
Jan 10, 2011, 5:29:31 PM1/10/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
On 11-01-10 15:58 , Mark Banner wrote:
> If we get these in early/mid this week, then we should be able to cut
> 3.3 alpha 2 on Thursday or Friday and release it at sometime next week.
> The timing would also work well as 3.1.8 builds are due to start next week.
>
> If there's anything largish or feature wise looking to land this week
> please let me know as we may want it to land before or after we cut
> alpha 2.

I'ld like to get bug 575732 landed for alpha 2. It's pretty close from
a code-point-of-view, and is (mostly) waiting on Bryan's ui-r.

Thanks,
Blake.

Siddharth Agarwal

unread,
Jan 11, 2011, 3:07:49 AM1/11/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
On 11-01-2011 02:28, Mark Banner wrote:
> I'm also hoping that this week we can land the about:support feature
> in trunk

I'm going to try my best to get a reviewable version up today. My main
problems at the moment are:
* figuring out how to test the copy to clipboard function without
overwriting the machine's clipboard.
* figuring out how to test the send via email function. It's a compose
window, and compose just seems to be a world of hurt.

Sid

Mark Banner

unread,
Jan 11, 2011, 1:13:41 PM1/11/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
On Tue Jan 11 08:07:49 2011, Siddharth Agarwal wrote:
> I'm going to try my best to get a reviewable version up today. My main
> problems at the moment are:
> * figuring out how to test the copy to clipboard function without
> overwriting the machine's clipboard.

Have you tried looking at what Firefox tests do? It might just be that
we have to overwrite the clipboard.

> * figuring out how to test the send via email function. It's a compose
> window, and compose just seems to be a world of hurt.

I guess you're aware there's already tests which bring up the compose
window?

Given that this has already been tested as an add-on, I'd be reasonably
happy with landing it with incomplete tests for alpha 2 and then
following up a bit later with the remaining tests.

Mark.

Siddharth Agarwal

unread,
Jan 11, 2011, 1:43:17 PM1/11/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org
On 11-01-2011 23:43, Mark Banner wrote:
> On Tue Jan 11 08:07:49 2011, Siddharth Agarwal wrote:
>> I'm going to try my best to get a reviewable version up today. My
>> main problems at the moment are:
>> * figuring out how to test the copy to clipboard function without
>> overwriting the machine's clipboard.
>
> Have you tried looking at what Firefox tests do? It might just be that
> we have to overwrite the clipboard.

Yeah, that's what the mochitests I found do. I think I've figured out a
workaround, though -- create the transferable containing the data but
don't copy it to the clipboard (the data's the interesting bit, really).

>> * figuring out how to test the send via email function. It's a
>> compose window, and compose just seems to be a world of hurt.
>
> I guess you're aware there's already tests which bring up the compose
> window?

Yeah I just noticed.

> Given that this has already been tested as an add-on, I'd be
> reasonably happy with landing it with incomplete tests for alpha 2 and
> then following up a bit later with the remaining tests.

OK, I'm thinking of doing that for compose at least.

Siddharth

Jim

unread,
Jan 11, 2011, 2:37:36 PM1/11/11
to tb-pl...@mozilla.org

It might also be worth trying to get bug 531534 in alpha 2, since it's a
pretty commonly-reported issue and I have a patch with tests up for
review for it.

- Jim

Brian Lu

unread,
Jan 11, 2011, 10:07:53 PM1/11/11
to Mark Banner, tb-pl...@mozilla.org
What's the lightning version will be shipped with TB 3.3? Is it
lightning 1.0b2 or 1.0b3?
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages