Thunderbird UI settings

Thane K. Sherrington

Nov 16, 2020, 4:48:53 PM11/16/20
to tb-ent...@mozilla.org
I have a lot of clients who seem to make changes to the Thunderbird UI (turn off menus, remove the folder window in the layout, or just change the sorting of the email).  Is there a way to lock these settings, or backup the config files and restore them to take the UI back to the way it was?

--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)
th...@computerconnectionltd.com

Matt Harris

Nov 21, 2020, 7:18:04 PM11/21/20
to tb-ent...@mozilla.org
I think all of the things you mention are stored in the session.json file.  cCleaner has been deleting it for "your security" for years.  So to force defaults... delete it.

“Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.” ― Friedrich von Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans