thunderbird customization

Christopher Wensink

Aug 25, 2020, 4:51:50 PM8/25/20
to Wayne, tb-ent...@mozilla.org
I have a user here that has expressed is dislike for the look and feel
of the new thunderbird 78.1.1 interface, in particular the yellow sun
Icon that appears in the subject column when a new message arrives.

I've tried installing 3 or 4 themes that are compatible with this
version, and none of them remove or change that icon.

The closest option I have found is to set up a new filter to mark any
incoming message as read, removing the icon, but if I try to set up an
additional rule to re-mark it as unread, that option is grayed out.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to change the icon or remove the icon
that is in the subject column?

(Just for clarification, I'm not talking about the Star Column, the Mark
as new Column black/gray dot or the flame Junk column, this is the
yellow sun icon that is in the subject column)

I'd like to customize it to his liking, but I'm concerned that with any
future update that comes along, it will revert back to the default icon
set again.

What would be the best way to approach this?

Thanks for your help.

--
Christopher Wensink
IS Administrator