Thunderbird 68 to 78. It takes 1 minutes or more to display a PDF or DOCX attachment in a intranet when Thunderbird is set to "No proxy".

LIVINE Christin

Mar 22, 2021, 5:10:09 PM3/22/21
to tb-ent...@mozilla.org
Hi,

Have you ever seen this problem for thunderbird from 68 to 78.
It takes 1 minutes or more to display a PDF or DOCX attachment in a
intranet when Thunderbird is set to "No proxy".
I didn't see this problem with Thunderbird 45. I didn't test with
Thunderbird 60.

My company has an intranet.
The pop3 server is in the intranet.
There is a proxy to prevent the internet connection for most people.
Thunderbird is set to "No Proxy" to prevent the internet connection.
When I open a PDF or DOCX attachment, it takes 1 minute or more to
display the PDF or DOCX file.
The internet connection is possible when Thunderbird is set to "manuel
settings for proxy", or "Adress for Automatic settings for proxy" with a
http proxy.pac file.
With the internet connection in Thunderbird, it takes less than 30
seconds to display the PDF or DOCX file.

Thank you.
Bye.

LIVINE Christin