Deed Hybrid

cenlahomes

Apr 15, 2009, 7:45:52 AM4/15/09
to Investing Without Losing
I just received my copy of your book from Amazon. I'm on page 38
already and was wondering if you would clarify what "deed hybrid" is,
please? I'm in Louisiana and the sale I observed last year in Grant
Parish was for tax liens and not deeds. I'm wondering if this is
something different?

Thank you,
Sandra

Moderator

Apr 17, 2009, 11:21:41 AM4/17/09
to Investing Without Losing
Tax deeds by definition are typically sold and all rights are assigned
to the new owner, there's no redemption rights. The previous owner
can't get the property back once its been sold. But a few hybrid
states like Texas have "sheriff deeds" (tax deeds) that still could be
redeemed by the owner. For homestead, they have a 2 year redemption
period while other properties not considered homestead/agricultural
have a 6 month redemption period.

-Don

Moderator

Apr 17, 2009, 11:25:56 AM4/17/09
to Investing Without Losing
To answer your question, Louisiana offers tax deeds with a three year
right of redemption. The original owner may redeem by paying the
purchase price plus 12% per annum and a 5% penalty.

Thanks, -Don

cenlahomes

Apr 18, 2009, 11:54:22 AM4/18/09
to Investing Without Losing
Thank you for so quickly answering my question.