Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
Taxacom
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
Taxacom
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 42
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Richard Zander
Sep 27
Natural Processes
A new paper. A Contribution to Understanding the Natural Processes Underlying Biodiversity, details (
unread,
Natural Processes
A new paper. A Contribution to Understanding the Natural Processes Underlying Biodiversity, details (
Sep 27
Markus Göker
Sep 23
Survey on the taxonomic category and the taxa of the highest rank
Dear colleagues, We would like to invite you to take part in the LPSN survey on high-level taxonomy,
unread,
Survey on the taxonomic category and the taxa of the highest rank
Dear colleagues, We would like to invite you to take part in the LPSN survey on high-level taxonomy,
Sep 23
Richard Zander
Sep 22
Cosmic Determinants of Macroevolution
Here is another paper on the biophysics of macroevolution. It distinguishes the 26 million year cycle
unread,
Cosmic Determinants of Macroevolution
Here is another paper on the biophysics of macroevolution. It distinguishes the 26 million year cycle
Sep 22
Ziv Lieberman
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
4
Sep 19
Nomina dubia
I just realized I never replied - thank you to Alain and Francisco for these valuable thoughts!
unread,
Nomina dubia
I just realized I never replied - thank you to Alain and Francisco for these valuable thoughts!
Sep 19
Tim Dickinson
Sep 17
Museum entomology position
See https://royalontariomuseum.applytojob.com/apply/mdMTpAkIsW/Curator-Of-Insects-Arachnids From the
unread,
Museum entomology position
See https://royalontariomuseum.applytojob.com/apply/mdMTpAkIsW/Curator-Of-Insects-Arachnids From the
Sep 17
Martin Villet
, …
Paulo Lucinda
5
Sep 16
collective noun in the genitive case - ICZN Ariticle 31.1.2
Dear all, Referring strictly to Latin: The choice between -ōrum and -iōrum depends entirely on the
unread,
collective noun in the genitive case - ICZN Ariticle 31.1.2
Dear all, Referring strictly to Latin: The choice between -ōrum and -iōrum depends entirely on the
Sep 16
Ziv Lieberman
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
14
Sep 11
Gender agreement - mandatory non-emendations?
Hi Francisco, Wilson 1985 is available to download here. The incorrect subsequent spelling was in
unread,
Gender agreement - mandatory non-emendations?
Hi Francisco, Wilson 1985 is available to download here. The incorrect subsequent spelling was in
Sep 11
Richard Littauer
, …
Frederick W. Schueler
3
Sep 9
Citation for capitalizing Article and Code
On 9/8/2026 8:11 PM, Francisco Welter-Schultes wrote: > In English I learned there are style
unread,
Citation for capitalizing Article and Code
On 9/8/2026 8:11 PM, Francisco Welter-Schultes wrote: > In English I learned there are style
Sep 9
Richard Zander
, …
Tony Rees
9
Sep 6
AI time saver!
An additional inconvenience at times in returned data from CrossRef: dropping second or further
unread,
AI time saver!
An additional inconvenience at times in returned data from CrossRef: dropping second or further
Sep 6
Roderic D. M. Page
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
16
Sep 4
BHL future plans
Dear Rod, I realized that clicking on a fixed BHL deep link in AnimalBase or MolluscaBase beginning
unread,
BHL future plans
Dear Rod, I realized that clicking on a fixed BHL deep link in AnimalBase or MolluscaBase beginning
Sep 4
John Epler
,
Roderic D. M. Page
2
Sep 4
Re: [TAXACOM] Digest for taxacom@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics
Wow, I had not heard of “Natural History Literature Rescue”, this seems like a project crying out to
unread,
Re: [TAXACOM] Digest for taxacom@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics
Wow, I had not heard of “Natural History Literature Rescue”, this seems like a project crying out to
Sep 4
Kirk Fitzhugh
Sep 3
Job Announcement: Marine Invertebrates (Echinoderms)
Colleagues, The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County has announced a curatorial job opening
unread,
Job Announcement: Marine Invertebrates (Echinoderms)
Colleagues, The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County has announced a curatorial job opening
Sep 3
Frederick W. Schueler
, …
Richard Zander
3
Sep 3
reprint collections
My recent research indicates that hominin genera are replaced about every 1.2 million years following
unread,
reprint collections
My recent research indicates that hominin genera are replaced about every 1.2 million years following
Sep 3
Tony Rees
3
Aug 24
Fungal higher taxonomy cracks on apace
OK, I have finished updating the fungal portion of IRMNG for now, families and above (some genera
unread,
Fungal higher taxonomy cracks on apace
OK, I have finished updating the fungal portion of IRMNG for now, families and above (some genera
Aug 24
Dilrukshan Wijesinghe
,
Tony Rees
2
Aug 22
J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. 24: 21 (2000)
Hello Priyantha, If I have identified the right paper, it is available for download here: https://www
unread,
J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. 24: 21 (2000)
Hello Priyantha, If I have identified the right paper, it is available for download here: https://www
Aug 22
Martin Villet
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
10
Aug 5
nomenclatural acts in on-line catalogues
Hi Rich, I am not aware of a Case involving Anthiinae. Van der Laan et al. 2014: 92 used the spelling
unread,
nomenclatural acts in on-line catalogues
Hi Rich, I am not aware of a Case involving Anthiinae. Van der Laan et al. 2014: 92 used the spelling
Aug 5
Kirk Fitzhugh
Jul 20
Critique of ancestral state reconstruction
All, I have a new paper published in Diversity that critiques of ancestral state reconstruction and
unread,
Critique of ancestral state reconstruction
All, I have a new paper published in Diversity that critiques of ancestral state reconstruction and
Jul 20
Jan Wieringa
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
3
Jul 18
Re: [TAXACOM] Digest for taxacom@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics
Jan, This would be the botanical solution. Under the botanical Code ICNafp Art. 62.1 a name takes the
unread,
Re: [TAXACOM] Digest for taxacom@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics
Jan, This would be the botanical solution. Under the botanical Code ICNafp Art. 62.1 a name takes the
Jul 18
David Campbell
, …
Richard Littauer
5
Jul 16
Gender of genus Pseudoon
Ah. Yes, that makes more sense! Neuter is a better fit. Laurent: what do you think about ᾠόν being
unread,
Gender of genus Pseudoon
Ah. Yes, that makes more sense! Neuter is a better fit. Laurent: what do you think about ᾠόν being
Jul 16
Roderic D. M. Page
Jul 16
BHL User survey
As part of modernising the Biodiversity Heritage Library website BHL have created a short user survey
unread,
BHL User survey
As part of modernising the Biodiversity Heritage Library website BHL have created a short user survey
Jul 16
Richard Zander
Jul 10
Announcing taxology
Taxology is the biophysics of macroevolution. The methods are based primarily on the taxon
unread,
Announcing taxology
Taxology is the biophysics of macroevolution. The methods are based primarily on the taxon
Jul 10
Robert Mesibov
, …
Douglas Yanega
7
Jul 6
Does kleptotaxonomy exist? Could AI do it?
Re Doug Yanega's (3), I think bad taxonomy could be taxon-specific. I might expect poor taxonomic
unread,
Does kleptotaxonomy exist? Could AI do it?
Re Doug Yanega's (3), I think bad taxonomy could be taxon-specific. I might expect poor taxonomic
Jul 6
James Fetzner
, …
Douglas Yanega
9
Jun 29
Gender Agreement?
On 6/28/26 9:06 AM, 'laurent raty' via Taxacom wrote: The reason why the Code provides no
unread,
Gender Agreement?
On 6/28/26 9:06 AM, 'laurent raty' via Taxacom wrote: The reason why the Code provides no
Jun 29
Rafaela Falaschi
Jun 26
Edição especial em celebração aos 85 anos do Prof. Nelson Papavero [Special issue celebrating the 85th birthday of Professor Nelson Papavero]
[English below] Prezadas e prezados, Gostaríamos de convidá-los a participar de uma edição especial
unread,
Edição especial em celebração aos 85 anos do Prof. Nelson Papavero [Special issue celebrating the 85th birthday of Professor Nelson Papavero]
[English below] Prezadas e prezados, Gostaríamos de convidá-los a participar de uma edição especial
Jun 26
Frederick W. Schueler
Jun 19
1950s Georgia (USA) lepidopterist
Entomologists, The wife remembers when she was 7 or 8 years old, in the 1950s, visiting an old Mr
unread,
1950s Georgia (USA) lepidopterist
Entomologists, The wife remembers when she was 7 or 8 years old, in the 1950s, visiting an old Mr
Jun 19
Tony Rees
,
Francisco Welter-Schultes
10
Jun 10
Curly genus name / type issue
Thanks, Francisco, for those insights. OK, I have re-formulated my "taxonomic note" on the
unread,
Curly genus name / type issue
Thanks, Francisco, for those insights. OK, I have re-formulated my "taxonomic note" on the
Jun 10
James Fetzner
, …
Francisco Welter-Schultes
5
May 12
How to handle misidentified paratype
Thanks Francisco! Cheers, --Jim On Tuesday, May 12, 2026 at 5:53:56 PM UTC-4 Francisco Welter-
unread,
How to handle misidentified paratype
Thanks Francisco! Cheers, --Jim On Tuesday, May 12, 2026 at 5:53:56 PM UTC-4 Francisco Welter-
May 12
Roderic D. M. Page
, …
James Fetzner
4
May 12
Archives of old TAXACOM?
It would be great if that archive could be incorporated into this new google group somehow to allow
unread,
Archives of old TAXACOM?
It would be great if that archive could be incorporated into this new google group somehow to allow
May 12
Roderic D. M. Page
May 7
Open Tree of Life browser
I've released a new "toy", this time an interactive browser for the Open Tree of Life
unread,
Open Tree of Life browser
I've released a new "toy", this time an interactive browser for the Open Tree of Life
May 7
Tony Rees
2
May 3
Any new genera in this 2026 palaeontology paper??
Thanks to several persons who replied, also provided access to the full text. It seems that indeed
unread,
Any new genera in this 2026 palaeontology paper??
Thanks to several persons who replied, also provided access to the full text. It seems that indeed
May 3