Magazines 1800-1900

backspace

Apr 22, 2011, 2:58:08 PM4/22/11
to Tautology notes

backspace

Jun 12, 2011, 1:31:02 AM6/12/11
to Tautology notes
-

backspace

Jun 14, 2011, 4:29:41 AM6/14/11
to Tautology notes
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/riddles-in-stone/

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Minds-Men-Origins-Revolutionary/dp/0765804719

~Fire in the Minds of Men: Origins of the Revolutionary Faith~ is an
intriguing intellectual history that traces the developments of the so
called revolutionary faith. The tumultuous upheavals and violent
revolutions of the twentieth century were spawned by revolutionary
ideologies fomented in the nineteenth century. These secular
ideologies became full-fledged secular surrogates for religious belief
and likewise sought the overthrow of traditional authority whether
political or religious with the subsequent creation of a new order.
The contagious revolutionary fervor of the French Revolution, which
was wrought from 1789 to 1791, had its origin in the utopian Rousseau
and German Romanticism. Billington'a sweeping narrative begins amidst
this fervor, which beset the eighteenth century.

backspace

Jun 14, 2011, 5:46:05 AM6/14/11
to Tautology notes
http://www.amazon.com/Proof-Conspiracy-John-Robison/dp/0882791214

Suffice it to say, professor Robison opened my eyes. His insights into
masonry and secret societies are truly thought provoking. His
historical perspective is likewise strong. I have no hesitation in
recommending this book to any and all who wish to know what is really
happening in the world. The best book I have yet had the pleasure to
read. It should be followed up with "Memoirs Illustrating the History
of Jacobinism," by Augustin Barruel. That one will fill in the missing
picture.