GSOC 2016

Anirudh K

Feb 4, 2016, 5:40:47 AM2/4/16
to tatoeba
Hi everyone

I am Anirudh,studying in BITS pilani,India.  I have good knowledge of  Java, Python and Django. I came across Tatoeba project ideas and found it interesting. So, I am willing to contribute in it.

Also, I'm seeking for opportunity to participate in the upcoming GSOC 2016 under Tatoeba.  I am interested in working on "Pytoeba".

Anticipating your kind response.!!

Thanks

Trang HO

Feb 4, 2016, 8:48:20 AM2/4/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anirudh,

Welcome to the project :)

If your interest is to work on Pytoeba, I'll tell you the same as I've told Saksham (another student): you'll need to know that it's probably one of the most difficult project, because it is the one that is the less defined.

It's being continued at the moment by the student who started it during GSoC 2014. You can find him on IRC under the username "lool0". He will be mentoring unofficially if we do choose a student to work on this project. You will need to speak with him in order to have more details about where the project is at right now.

Below are the repositories related to Pytoeba:
https://github.com/loolmeh/pytoeba
https://github.com/loolmeh/pytoeba-dev
https://github.com/Tatoeba/tatoeba-api
https://github.com/Tatoeba/dj-tatoeba2

Take the time to ​figure out for yourself if it's a project you really want to dive into or not. If yes, I'll count on lool0 to give you small tasks to test your ability to work on Pytoeba.
Otherwise, it's completely fine if you decide to move on to something else.

Trang