GSOC 2016

krishni andradi

Feb 26, 2016, 5:13:53 AM2/26/16
to tatoeba

Hello Everyone,

I am Krishni, undergraduate computer engineering student. And i'm interested to work in “tatoeba” projects this summer.

I have gone though the ideas list and I would like to cooperate with either project “Achievement system” or project “Better export”

if they are seems to be a match for me.

So I would like to know more details, someone plz help.

Thank you

Trang HO

Feb 26, 2016, 7:41:07 AM2/26/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hello Krishni,

Welcome and thanks for your interest.

At this point there's not a lot more details we can give you regarding the "Achievement system" or the "Better exports" ideas. Nobody has worked on this project, there is no specification or anything.

Therefore you have a lot of room to elaborate your own project on top of these ideas and you will have to tell us specifically what details you need in order to define your project.

Trang

krishni andradi

Feb 29, 2016, 12:23:15 AM2/29/16
to tatoeba

Hi Trang,
I'll choose "Better Export" to work on. So i wont to know what are the file formats do u expect export data?
 i would like to work on json format(if u want that).
and what are the data filtering options do u want?
Thank You

krishni andradi

Feb 29, 2016, 12:25:07 AM2/29/16
to tatoeba
Trang,
I also want to know is there any specific thing i have to do inorder to get a better chance?

Trang HO

Feb 29, 2016, 7:44:14 AM2/29/16
to tatoeba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krishni,

So i wont to know what are the file formats do u expect export data?
 i would like to work on json format(if u want that).

We don't have any specific requirement regarding the format. We however expect you to be able to justify why you would choose a certain format. JSON is a possibility but you need to elaborate why JSON.

 what are the data filtering options do u want?

We don't have any specific requirement either regarding the filtering options. I can however tell you some examples of what people asked us in the past.

1. Aligned sentences in 5 languages: French, English, German, Dutch and Spanish.
2. Sentences with specialized vocabulary (i.e. sports, finance, medical, etc) in English only.
3. English sentences with direct translations into French that have audio. The author said "My goal is to feed a prototype of mine (webapp) with some data (EN text + EN audio + FR text.)"

These are only examples but they can give you ideas of the kind of filtering other developers might want. You can probably find more examples by digging in our Wall. Sometimes people post messages to ask if it's possible to get all sentences under certain conditions (often, it's something like all sentences in language X that have translations in language Y).

You can also look at CK's list of projects/applications that use Tatoeba:
http://a4esl.org/temporary/tatoeba/links.html
I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, but this will show you have other projects have done concretely with our data and guide you into defining what are do project commonly need to filter.

 I also want to know is there any specific thing i have to do inorder to get a better chance?