Broken Pipe Error

Scott Haley

May 27, 2022, 11:40:46 AM5/27/22
to TASSEL - Trait Analysis by Association, Evolution and Linkage
Hi everybody,

I'm using TASSEL GBS Version 2, and am getting a "broken pipe" error with one of the latter steps in my discovery. It's occurring with the ProductionSNPCallerPLugin V2 which seems to be one of the most time intensive steps in the discovery. Yesterday it was at batch 16 out of 18 when I left the office and I came in this morning to find the "broken pipe" error.

I've googled around a bit and it seems as if this is an issue with my computer losing the connection with the server where the processes are done.

Does anybody have any ideas or tips about this? Ideas on how to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
Scott.

Alden Perkins

May 27, 2022, 12:46:08 PM5/27/22
to TASSEL - Trait Analysis by Association, Evolution and Linkage
Hi Scott,

You might look into using a tmux window, which would allow the process to continue on the server even if the connection is broken: https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki