[tasque-list] Tasque doesn't run anymore

Alessandro Seno

Jul 8, 2015, 7:38:12 AM7/8/15
to tasqu...@gnome.org
Good morning,
Ubuntu 14.04, with Unity and Cairo dock installed. Tasque doesn't run
from 2-3 days. I tried to reinstall, but it still doesn't run.

Please, help me.

Someone may help me?

Thank's

--
Alessandro Seno

Adam Tauno Williams

Jul 8, 2015, 10:19:04 AM7/8/15
to tasqu...@gnome.org
On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 13:22 +0200, Alessandro Seno wrote:
> Good morning,
> Ubuntu 14.04, with Unity and Cairo dock installed. Tasque doesn't run
> from 2-3 days. I tried to reinstall, but it still doesn't run.
> Please, help me.
> Someone may help me?

If you attempt to run it in a terminal window do you see a traceback
error message? That will likely identify the problem.

Mono and related apps do seem to be slowly dying... so investigating an
alternative is probably wise. Sad, I know.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awil...@whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383

Alessandro Seno

Jul 8, 2015, 11:05:51 AM7/8/15
to tasqu...@gnome.org
Il 08/07/2015 16:17, Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 13:22 +0200, Alessandro Seno wrote:
Good morning,
Ubuntu 14.04, with Unity and Cairo dock installed. Tasque doesn't run
from 2-3 days. I tried to reinstall, but it still doesn't run.
Please, help me.
Someone may help me?
If you attempt to run it in a terminal window do you see a traceback
error message?  That will likely identify the problem.

Mono and related apps do seem to be slowly dying... so investigating an
alternative is probably wise.  Sad, I know.

Thank you for the quickly answer.

I try to run by the terminal, as you suggest, and here the response by the system:
------------------------
[Debug]: Tasque remote control active.
[Debug]: Tasque.exe location:  /usr/lib/tasque/Gtk.Tasque.dll
[Info]: Searching for Backend DLLs in: /usr/lib/tasque
[Info]:     Reading /usr/lib/tasque/Gtk.Tasque.dll
[Info]:     Reading /usr/lib/tasque/RtmBackend.dll
[Debug]: Found Available Backend: Tasque.Backends.RtmBackend.RtmBackend
[Info]:     Reading /usr/lib/tasque/RtmNet.dll
[Info]:     Reading /usr/lib/tasque/SqliteBackend.dll
[Debug]: Found Available Backend: Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend
[Info]:     Reading /usr/lib/tasque/libtasque.dll
[Debug]: Storing 'Tasque.Backends.RtmBackend.RtmBackend' = 'Remember the Milk'
[Debug]: Storing 'Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend' = 'Local File'
[Debug]: CurrentBackend specified in Preferences: Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend
[Info]: Using backend: Local File (Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend)
Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
  Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to handle the exception.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
  at System.DateTime.AddTicks (Int64 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.DateTime.AddMilliseconds (Double value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.DateTime.AddSeconds (Double value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.Database.FromTimeT (Int64 time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.Database.ToDateTime (Int64 time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteTask.get_CompletionDate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tasque.AbstractTask.CompareToByCompletionDate (ITask task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Tasque.CompletedTasksSortModel.CompareTasksSortFunc (TreeModel model, TreeIter a, TreeIter b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_int__this___TreeModel_TreeIter_TreeIter (Gtk.TreeModel,Gtk.TreeIter,Gtk.TreeIter)
  at GtkSharp.TreeIterCompareFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (IntPtr model, IntPtr a, IntPtr b, IntPtr user_data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception e, Boolean is_terminal)
   at GtkSharp.TreeIterCompareFuncWrapper.NativeCallback(IntPtr model, IntPtr a, IntPtr b, IntPtr user_data)
   at Gtk.TreeModelFilter.gtk_tree_model_filter_refilter(IntPtr )
   at Gtk.TreeModelFilter.Refilter()
   at Tasque.TaskGroupModel.set_ShowCompletedTasks(Boolean value)
   at Tasque.TaskGroup..ctor(System.String groupName, DateTime rangeStart, DateTime rangeEnd, TreeModel tasks)
   at Tasque.CompletedTaskGroup..ctor(System.String groupName, DateTime rangeStart, DateTime rangeEnd, TreeModel tasks)
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.PopulateWindow()
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.OnBackendInitialized()
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.InitWindow()
   at Tasque.TaskWindow..ctor(IBackend aBackend)
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.ShowWindow(Boolean supportToggle)
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.ShowWindow()
   at Tasque.TaskWindow.Reinitialize(Boolean show)
   at Tasque.Application.SetBackend(IBackend value)
   at Tasque.Application.set_Backend(IBackend value)
   at Tasque.Application.InitializeIdle()
   at GLib.Idle+IdleProxy.Handler()
   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
   at Gtk.Application.Run()
   at Tasque.GnomeApplication.StartMainLoop()
   at Tasque.Application.StartMainLoop()
   at Tasque.Program.Main(System.String[] args)

(Tasque:3189): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 5 was not found when attempting to remove it

------------------

I will start to analyse it. Has anyone some suggestion, seeing this response?

Thank you in advance.
--
Alessandro Seno
e-mail: a.s...@mclink.it

Tutela l’ambiente: sei sicuro di dover stampare questo messaggio?

Avvertenza: questo messaggio è confidenziale; se lo stai leggendo e non ne sei il destinatario,
sei nelle condizioni di violare la legge italiana sulla privacy, che ha una rilevanza anche penale;
se lo hai ricevuto per errore, dovresti comunicarmelo, non diffonderlo e conseguentemente eliminarlo;
se ne sei il destinatario, non dovresti comunque diffonderlo a terzi se ciò può violare la
confidenzialità della comunicazione, per non incorrere nella violazione della stessa legge.
Grazie per la collaborazione.

Adam Tauno Williams

Jul 8, 2015, 11:34:33 AM7/8/15
to tasqu...@gnome.org
On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 17:05 +0200, Alessandro Seno wrote:
> [Info]: Using backend: Local File
> (Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend)
> Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
> Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException
> to handle the exception.
> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
> at System.DateTime.AddTicks (Int64 value) [0x00000] in <filename
> unknown>:0

This above is the 'root' of your issue.

It is occuring as the app is attempting to sort the tasks in the
treeview.

at Tasque.AbstractTask.CompareToByCompletionDate (ITask task)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Tasque.CompletedTasksSortModel.CompareTasksSortFunc (TreeModel
model, TreeIter a, TreeIter b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It may be a bug [in Mono?] but possibly you have a task [somehow?] with
an invalid date-time?

Alessandro Seno

Jul 8, 2015, 12:29:22 PM7/8/15
to tasqu...@gnome.org
Il 08/07/2015 17:33, Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 17:05 +0200, Alessandro Seno wrote:
>> [Info]: Using backend: Local File
>> (Tasque.Backends.Sqlite.SqliteBackend)
>> Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
>> Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException
>> to handle the exception.
>> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
>> at System.DateTime.AddTicks (Int64 value) [0x00000] in <filename
>> unknown>:0
> This above is the 'root' of your issue.
>
> It is occuring as the app is attempting to sort the tasks in the
> treeview.
>

> at Tasque.AbstractTask.CompareToByCompletionDate (ITask task)
> [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
> at Tasque.CompletedTasksSortModel.CompareTasksSortFunc (TreeModel
> model, TreeIter a, TreeIter b) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>
> It may be a bug [in Mono?] but possibly you have a task [somehow?] with
> an invalid date-time?

Thank's Adam!

I restored the data file (sqlitebackend.db) from back-up, and now seems
to be OK.

It is possible that it was an error in the database (in my opinion, also
in the software, in order to prevent that similar errors could be crash
the entire program). I remember that I changed the system time (by
changing time zone) while running Tasque (because a trip in other
country): it could be the problem?

I cannot read (I don't know how) the data file in other manner then
using Tasque. So, I cannot find the invalid date-time.

In any case thank you, because you made me think of the error in the
file, and to the idea to restore the old one!

Enjoy.